Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As opposed to our usual Texas Chainlube Massacre we have planned a nicey, nicey version...

Ok folks here 'tis. I been lax on updating ya'll, been busy in movieland, but here is the skinny on our kinder, gentler version of the Massacre.

The dates are November 4th and 5th. Yeah I know it's short notice for some of ya but there has to be a little evil involved. Everybody meet at Jo's Coffee House on South Congress on Saturday the 4th at 9ish. We are gonna ride west to Leakey, about a 250 or so mile jaunt. I promise there will be no gravel this time. Nothing but sweet, sweet pavement. We will stay at the D'Rose Motorcycle Inn, http://www.droseinn.com/, where we'll probably have a cookout unless folks wanna hit the local night spot (they serve quail!). Deb at the Inn is expecting us. Ya may wanna make a reservation or ya may wanna just team up with a fellow rider or two and share a room or cabin, figgered we'd work that out when we got there.

The next day we will rouse ourselves and do the famous Threes (Hwys 335, 336 and 337) which form a 110 mile loop back to Leakey and onto Vanderpool to lunch at the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum, http://lonestarmotorcyclemuseum.com/. After we pry ourselves away from there we'll boogie back to Austin for another cookout/hangout at Beks house on the eastside. My fully equipped shop is around the corner for any fixes that might need fixin'.

There is NO entry fee on this one. Everybody fends for themselves on room and board and museum tix. Might be cool to pitch in on the cookouts but if yer broke, yer broke, I ain't gonna sweat ya. As of yet I do not have a commited support truck. I have a few maybes and some definites for the phone call rescue. I will keep the group together. There may be a fast bunch off the front but we will wait at every major direction changed for a regroup. It's gonna be fun and a good introduction to our Massacre style of riding without the gravel, heat and water crossings. maybe some of ya will wanna give a Massacre a try after this.

Hope to be riding with ya!!

Crow
512 203 0533

·
Premium Member
2,860 Posts
all i can say is, sounds like a plan... i hope to meet/see all you fellas out there.

bryant

·
Registered
46 Posts
count me in as well. I rode the BMW to the Harvest Classic and now the Ducati wants to go out for the weekend. Next it will be the dirt bike. Damn motorcycles. Don't forget MotoGP races this weekend at Lovejoy's.

Laura

·
Premium Member
2,860 Posts
grrr.... just found out i won't be able to go :mad: i'm getting dragged to friend of a friend's wedding. not that bad though, free beer and single ladies. i can deal with that >:D

bryant

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Too bad ya can't make it, man. We got free beer and single women (that ride!) and beautiful roads...

Oh well, maybe ya can make our hardcore version in Feb.. Who knows, it may not be so bad, I seen it 30 degrees one week and 100 the next in Feb. here.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Wish I could make it. I am re-staining my garage door and we have a realtor coming out to check out the house Saturday. My life is a thrill a minute.... after that- I get to change dirty diapers...

If anyone is up for a short ride Sunday let me know....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts