Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

After a phonecall to my local Ducati confirmed that they'd have a nice new replacement for my old, beat-up tank pad. I followed the internets advice and went at it with a hairdryer and some WD40. And just as the internets said it would, the tank pad came off, the problem is, the little bits of superglue holding it on there did not. :(

'That's okay' I'll just fork out the extra for Ducati's replacement, it'll cover all that unsightly glue. A short ride later and I'm told 'whoops! we don't have that style of tank pad'.

So now I'm in a spot of bother, my tank looks far worse than it did with the worn-down/torn-up tank pad, and I can't find a replacement that will cover the glue marks left by the previous one.

Here's what the tank pad I had on the bike looked like:

It was quite a wide, solid foam pad - this renders every slinky looking contemporary tank pad I've seen unusable.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to find a replacement tank pad of the same style?

Alternatively (and I suspect the most likely option) I'll have to pick up some high-density foam, cut it to the shape I need, and fix it myself.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? It'd be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
35 Posts
the glue will come off with some gass. just dip a cloth in some fuel and rub away. there are also several products that will remove glue... but typically just dip a cloth in some gas if you have none on hand dip it in your tank..

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Try glue-gone.. Worked well for me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts