Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Schuberth S1 Carbon

Outer Shell - The helmet shell is made from high performance carbon fibre and - like the Schuberth F1 helmets - is manufactured using autoclave technology. The result is an extremely light and extremely tough helmet shell with a 50% lower outer shell weight.
Inner Shell - The EPS inner shell features a modular structure for enhanced shock absorption.
Weight - With an overall weight of only 1290gm the S1 Carbon reduces fatigue considerably.
Quietness - The average perceptible in-helmet noise level at 100km/h is only 85dB(A) and ensures an exceptionally quiet riding experience. The optionally available noise deflector further reduces the noise level to an industry low.

Safety - Integrated reflectors behine the visor along with the rear mounted reflective pad and logo ensures improved recognisability at night. The Anti-roll-off system A.R.O.S. rounds off the package of S1 safety features.

Visor - The integrated sun visor guarantees better vision in difficult light conditions. Optional Exchangeable Shades in different tints allow you to optimise the sun visor for your own specific sight requirements. The leading-edge outer visor sets standards in terms of optics and is certified to Optical Class 1 - a major contribution to helping counter fatigue on long trips. The visor is treated with the Highclear-III Anti-Fog and Anti-Scratch coating technology. Thanks to the Easychange Mechanism changing visors has never been as quick and simple.
Ventilation - The Chin Vent effectively directs air onto the visors inner surface. A newly developed Helmet Crown Ventilation System guides airflow from the ventilation inlet straight to the upper head area.
Lining - The innovative inner lining consisting of a headband and adjustable head pad ensures an optimal fit and allows free air circulation in the helmet's interior. A permanent air extraction system and an interior lining equipped with Coolmax ensure a pleasant in-helmet climate. Head Pad and Headband are removable.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
how does it fit? i've heard some really bad things about the fit of schuberths...

...and then there's the prices...

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I like the fit myself. I came close to buying one a year ago, but they are huge and heavy. The CF probably addresses the latter shortcoming, but at a price I don't care to pay :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts