Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts
My woman wears her Ducati gear almost everywhere she goes. Ya, the guys that flock all appear to have target signs on them for me ;)

The POWER of the Darkside ;)

DUCATI!!!

lrutt said:
I was able to majorly upstage my son one time. We rode our bikes to the local Hooters for lunch. He has a Suzuki and I have my Duc. So we get there, peel off the jackets and prop the helmets on the table and the hot little chick comes over (I'm 50 and he's a LOT younger although I have all my hair yet and am in fair shape) and asks, what we're riding . He says Suzuki SV1000, I say Ducati. She's like, ooooohhhhhhh a Ducati, wow. So she's right by me asking questions and talking etc. asks which one it is out there and I say the chrome one (it is a Cromo), that really got her going.

My son was so pissed. He said if he had that bike he could have got laid. I said, hey, you bought the Suzuki, not me. I still rub his nose in that one.
Smart waitress...... to her, the Duc says..."he's the one with the money....ergo...bigger tip"

mylexicon said:
I guarantee the word "Honda" will never make a profound effect. [laugh]
what about suzuki? ;D

Yeah I got a two part story. One was a month before I was deployed leaving my local LA Fitness when this Hot So Cal Soccer mom had her 4 year old in tow. She glance at the 5 bikes (other than mine they were yamagsxrhondas) parked by the entrance and stopped at mine and said, “Now that’s a nice bike” I said thanks. She said, “can you start it..” I smiled and fired up the S2r 800 wit carbon arrows and she and her kid jumped! :eek: Classic! She grinned from ear to ear like she was in a trance. Then she snapped out of it as if to say I better get my arse in this gym before I get in trouble. “She said thanks and have fun.” I rev up the duc and took off. I glance at the entrance while leaving and she was still looking out the window. Nice.
The second on was at the local star bucks 2 weeks ago. Some crusty looking dude came out with on of his buds and this decent looking chic. The Bud was like dude check it out-it’s a Ducati. The crusty dude was like “yeah but it’s the cheap one” ::) his friend looked amazed and asked “they make cheap ones?” The female said S@!# that bike is still way cooler than yours” then covered her mouth. Crusty dude gave her the look of WTF did you just say. [laugh] They sat down out side right behind my bike. I got up after trashing my cup. Fired her up-she was rear facing (yup I upped the revs on this one) >:D and looked back. The female and the bud were laughing. The crusty dude’s eyes were wide open. Man I love this Cheap Ducati. [laugh]

lmao, great thread. i don't even have my Duc yet and i've seen the same thing happen. in fact, i find more women know wtf a Ducati is than most men i talk to. and yes, i enjoy explaining the whole concept of "naked" bike to the ladies. and my son can't wait to get his license so he can ride the old man's Monster. now i just need to buy one already, sheesh.

in fact, just remembered, i was in Orlando and stopped at a gas station to ask for directions to the local Ducati dealer. the clerk who waited on me got real close to me when i told her i wanted to buy one. in fact, she asked me for a ride as soon as i got one as she got me to do a breast exam on her with my elbow as she was looking up the phone number for the dealer in the phone book. i was against a counter and couldn't back up anymore, she even offered to use her cellphone to call for me. :)

and yes, if you mention saucy pics, you should at least email copies of said pics to everyone on the thread, sheesh. i think that's internet protocol. ;)

Oh s%*t !!!! ~~ I just got my gf an '06 Corse leather jacket for Christmas... maybe I shoulda gone with a nice faux pearl-buttoned ivory cardigan from Ann Taylor and a pair of Sensible Shoes instead! [cheeky] "Put your hands where I can see 'em and slowly step AWAY from the girlfriend....." :police:

Paolo Sepi said:
[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

"Honest honey, I couldn't get away. That's my story and I'm sticking to it"
yeah, i'm hoping she buys that. lol. ;)

Ducatissimo said:
and yes, if you mention saucy pics, you should at least email copies of said pics to everyone on the thread, sheesh. i think that's internet protocol. ;)
internet protocol indeed ;)

Not a sexy girl hitting on me story, but while filling up today an older pickup pulls up to the other side of the pump I was using. This 40ish women gets out and starts filling up her truck. I see a kid inside the truck peeking out, he's probably 7 or 8. His mom and him start whispering and he gets out of the truck and just stands there and stares at my bike.

A moment later she steps around the pump and says "That was made in Italy right?" We have a short conversation, her boy is facinated with motorcycles, they've never seen a bike like mine, it's really nice, did I have to ship it over, all that.

Really nice people, look like they drove in from BFE. I was a little surprised she recognized it as Italian and then got her boy out of the truck to check it out. Pretty cool mom. [thumbsup]

Heh. I love pulling up alongside a minivan with some slack-jawed little kids staring at the Duc. I give 'em a little wave and then whack the throttle open. I think of it as planting the virus in their tiny minds that will someday turn them into motorcyclists. >:D

Michael Moore said:
Heh. I love pulling up alongside a minivan with some slack-jawed little kids staring at the Duc. I give 'em a little wave and then whack the throttle open. I think of it as planting the virus in their tiny minds that will someday turn them into motorcyclists. >:D
>:D

this is very true.

I pulled up to the local Harley dealer the other day on the S2R1000. It was one of the few nice days we have in December in the midwest. Why did I go to the Harley dealer? I've done this several times because I know it's a "destination". There are always a bunch of posers in the parking lot admiring each others bikes. Plus, there seems to always be several hot chicks at this particular shop. What's a man to do?

Anyway, I love seeing the look on their faces when I pull in. Invariably, one of the less brainwashed of the crowd will come over to talk about the Duc, tell me it's a beautiful bike and ask some questions. Others will scoff at me.

Leaving the shop is even better as it always seems to be a new crowd of posers that rotate like clockwork. This particular time there were about 10 of 'em. A couple of women in the group watched me walk over to the bike. The men ignored me until the women called them to attention the the owner of the Eye-talian machine was getting on his bike.

At this point, even though I'm a bit of a show off, it's a bit uncomfortable because now I've become the poser. No one says anything as I put on my helmet, gloves and turn the key in the ignition. They all stand slack jawed at the sound of my Carbon fiber arrows. I can see their eyes are fixated on the open clutch. What I don't know is what their verbal reactions are because I can't hear them. I'm sure they are perplexed at the clutch and probably think the Duc needs a tuneup. I'm also sure they are in awe of the small block V8 sound the Arrows make.

Since I'm now the poseur, I get on and blast off, making sure to give them the full effect of the Ducati sonic cacophony. Knowing that I made an impression I'm feeling smug when I almost get taken out by some scumbag in a rusted mid 80s Cavalier. He should be smacked upside the head for taking tight blind corners around cars in a parking lot that has a lot of motorcyclists. He looked like the kind of guy who rides a Sporty, not because they are cool (which they can be), but because he doesn't have the money for a Softtail. Yet he wants to be part of the "club" despite the fact he drives a bomb of a car and doesn't know the meaning of good hygiene. Fortunately for me, I saw him long before he saw me and slowed my ascent before the blind corner. Otherwise, I would be in traction right now or worse. This probably made me look the fool to the Harley crowd, despite the fact I anticipated this clown and it was my awareness that allowed me to avoid the accident.

End of story.

Michael Moore said:
I'm sure sombdy did tht to me when i was a kid.. and now i'm :angel:

My brother had a really old GSX and took me on a couple of rides when I was like 13. He always told me he could knock me off the back if he wanted to (I didn't belive him, but now I do).

Or I blame my fixx on my grandpa-owned a cycle shop 30 years ago with almost everything BUT Italian bikes.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.