Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Interesting you should bring up the "Pace". I have heard 2 versions of it. Road Pace, and Racing Pace. Mike Talbot one of the smartest men I know and most knowledgeable in racing, bulilding racing cars and bikes told me about the "Pace". I also have seen it mentioned on different motorcycle lists. Everyone has their own spin on it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
These people that have the time and effort to put these things in written, get my respect.

Very well written, and should be read by everyone.

That lane is my track. Well, sort of.

Skier

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wow! I've just scanned through part 1, but wow! I want to learn.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Also available here:
it could still push the lesser skilled riders into trying to take corners too fast.quote]

Scott, I was thinking the same thing. But....

"...Our group slows drastically when a new rider joins the ranks because our technique of moderate straightaway speed and no brakes can suck the unaware into a corner too fast, creating the most common single bike accident. With a new rider learning The Pace behind you, tap your brake lightly well before the turn to alert him and make sure he understands there's no pressure to stay with the group...."

The "no-competition" mentality is what really what appeals to me.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Oddly enough, The Pace describes very accurately how the track sessions went when I recently did Level I of Code's Superbike School.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts