Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ponied up the dough and got the new Rizoma clip on setup. Has anyone seen these on a bike in person or heard good/bad things about them? I figured why not give them a try. Tax returns are great.

G

·
they look like the same clip-ons that rizoma offerred for the '01 & '02 s4. what's interesting in that pic is the top triple too. pretty snazzy lookin.
i've heard that the rizoma bits are nice but one thing to keep in mind is that each side's a solid assembly. you go down and the tube breaks, you're replacing the whole thing. typical clip-ons are component based and allow replacement of individual parts.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had considered that but I couldn't see spending 300 on a new triple and then another load of cash on some decent clip ons. This seemed pretty alright for the money.

G

·
well i hope i'm mixing things up but your 620's top triple has cast-in risers to cradle the stock handlebar right? the clip-ons pictured in your 1st post are mounted on an s4-type top triple. i don't think those will bolt onto your 620's stock top triple...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're mising it up I think. The kit comes with a new triple+the clip ons. It all gets changed out. The M1000 and M800's all have the cast risers for 2003 and this is Rizoma's solution... replace the triple. For $397 that's not too bad I think.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
I ponied up the dough and got the new Rizoma clip on setup.
I saw these on Motostrano's site and am very interested in your evaluation.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll try to get pics up as well. Seems like noone has jumped on these yet as far as I know...

G

·
You're mising it up I think. The kit comes with a new triple+the clip ons. It all gets changed out. The M1000 and M800's all have the cast risers for 2003 and this is Rizoma's solution... replace the triple. For $397 that's not too bad I think.
that's WITH the triple? ok... great price!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Cycle Cat has a similar set-up (although more expensive).

http://www.cyclecat.com/DTC7-1.htm

The CC's come in different riser heights and can be adjusted with respect to the horizon. CC also spent alot of time fitting their set-up to the different Monsters (My 620, Tim's S4R, and Alfred's S4) and they account for the cable lengths.

That is a heck of a price though and it looks pretty good.

G

·
I have a set of rizoma clip ons w/ complete triple tree waiting to go on my 750. I am waiting on the parts though I am going to replace the neck bearings while I am at it. Yours look really trick. Show a pic of the finished product when you get em on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts