Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the word today. I need to be living in Denver, CO by July 1, 2007 :-\

I guess I will need to spend a little more time riding with you guys before I head out. My plan is to leave town as late as possible, but of course, I need to strike while the Denver housing market is still a buyers market.

- RM

·
Registered
21 Posts
That sucks to hear, first AZ/IZ and now your leaving :-\ I think you need to leave one of your bikes here, so when you do come down here for work, you can still go riding with your real family ;)

I am offering my house as a storage place for your 999 ;D

For sure you will be laughing at us when your not here in July and we are trying to find a semi truck to ride next to just for it's shady spot lol.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Do you have any ideas where you would like to be located?

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
D*mn..if anyone thinks I move a lot..RM tops me!!

You'll have Tanya there so that's cool. Maybe you'll move in time for Ouray II?!?!?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mondark said:
Do you have any ideas where you would like to be located?
Not really.

Office is in Meridian Business Park, but I will be flying to my market (AZ & SW NM) every other week, so access to the airport is important.

·
Registered
49 Posts
well, i'm glad you're following your dreams, but it kinda sucks for the rest of us... :mad: :-\

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Superleggera said:
At this rate, there will be no Ducatista left in the valley by the end of 2007 (or 2008 at the latest).

Randy -- congrats on the move -- hopefully you get a pay raise to coincide with it. Are they buying your house here as part of the relocation package? (House sales/prices aren't as good as they were 18 months ago)
Although our relocation packages are good, they're not that good! I think I will do okay with the house I bought, where I bought, when I bought it.

I'll still be covering the same market, so now I will be flying into AZ or NM on a by weekly or so basis to visit the same dealers I have been covering from my base in Phoenix. Previously, I had only been traveling to Denver on a monthly basis for meetings and so forth. That had recently switched to bi-monthly meetings, preceeding the recently announced relocation.

I'm basically indifferent regarding the move. There are some things I really like about Phoenix, mainly the friends from the DML that I have met over the last 18 months. There are other things that I could give two shits about, such as the horrific traffic problems (good luck with that ****!), and the unbearable heat in the summer!

The good thing is that through this medium we can all stay in touch and hopefully meet up from now and again in various gatherings like the Ouray run (which there is no way I can get out of this year ;D ) and so on.

On a side note, I think the Ducatista population in the Valley has been growing at an exponential rate lately and I don't see a downturn in that. It's been great getting to know all of you and knowing that when I leave I will always have a place to come back to and be welcomed at [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ducducdave said:
And you'll certainly be going to Rocky Point again next year, right? >:D
Only because I be looking for that one girl "that got away" last year. You know who I'm talking about ;D

Oh, and also hoping that you "won't leave me behind" again, or was it me that left you behind when you lost me? :-\

·
Registered
21 Posts
The one that got away :eek: She was all over you too >:D

I still can't believe the 620, 800 and 900 monster lost the 999 [laugh]

everyone made it back safe and with lots of stories >:D that's all that matters. For sure next year will be a lot of fun and I hope you can make it down for that trip again and the Mexican coffee's that I am still craving ;)

Also I will FOR SURE come up for the Ouray ride this year, so I guess party at Randy's right? >:D [laugh]

Just a few pictures to remind you why your coming back with us [thumbsup]

Attachments

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Randy, if you ever decide to ride to your southern NM market from Denver, stop by in Farmington and say hi. I'll even ride with 'ya for a couple hundred miles or so.

Congrats on the move--Denver's not a bad place to call home.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
C Fresh said:
Randy...where are you looking in that picture? ;)

Are you going to be able to get out a bit more until you leave?
>:D

Yeah, I'll be around for a while [thumbsup]

·
Registered
21 Posts
C Fresh said:
Randy...where are you looking in that picture? ;)
I love that picture >:D

I think a nice going away party will be in order, even though you will be stopping back here a lot, it's still a reason to have a party and any reason will do >:D

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Hey Randy, I hope I get to ride with you and your kick ass 999 plenty of times B4 you go. And a Mexican trip between now and then sounds awful doable buddy. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Dude, that sux. Trust me, I know about relocating. I've done it more times than I can count. But, living in CO won't be so bad but like everyone has said, we need to throw you a kickass going away party...

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
NAKID said:
Dude, that sux. Trust me, I know about relocating. I've done it more times than I can count.
That's one of the reasons that they are moving all of us back to Denver...to cut down on the relos. This will be my sixth in less than 9 years :eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts