Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right, kids...seriously, I'm running out of space on my signature. [laugh] It can't handle anymore crashes! We've had 12 folks admit to feeding the sausage creature for various reasons during the course of the year. For those of you who ain't so bright that's an average of one a month. ...and that's just on the street, not on the track.

The weather's getting a little poopy and we're all going to a few more parties right now. Think twice before hopping on your steed...please, consider the TICKER....don't make me beg for more sig space from the evil mods and admins. [cheeky] We should be able to make it through the 31st.

This is also the place to come up with ideas for 2007's ticker. Comments about 2006's ticker usefulness will be entertained, but prepared to be mocked heartily, because if you're baggin' on it, we'll all know you're one of the ones that contributed to the ticker number. :-*

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
How about we *don't* crash in '07?

It's gettin' embarrassing! [laugh] [laugh]

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
I nominate Spidey for the job! [laugh] (of course...on someone elses' bike! If he crashes his M1000...well...let's just say they won't find the body.)

On a constructive note... I like the ticker. It keeps the danger of riding real for me. I hate to see it updated, but...there are a lot of y'all in the MOB so that's a lot of miles per month.

+1 on MM's suggestion! [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually think that our crash rate is pretty high considering the size of our group. We have a lot of newer riders however...and Spidey. Spidey's throwin' off my curve. [laugh]

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
If you run out of room you can always make an image out of it. more of a PITA to maintain... but you could use the extra room if needed.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
You could just start fresh for '07...

You could leave up the average time between crashes from '06. Maybe even add the standard deviation, or min and max....

Or just leave the last six deckings listed...

·
Registered
191 Posts
That sounds like a really good idea ^^^^

HI Nick! ;D

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
The ticker's fine as is. As--anf if--you add more crashes, take earlier ones off. This ain't rocket science, 'belle.

I think we crash a lot too. But then let's say there are 30-50 of us (prolly more that would count for the ticker). One street crash a month? That means that--other than me and Joe's poor 900SS--people are crashing once every 3 or 5 years or more. That sounds about right, considering that (I bet) most of the crashes are riders in their first 18 months of riding.

The track was a while 'nuther story.

DanTheMan--2
datv--2
Tigre--2
me--2
Furious George--eleventy billion
MM--one (I think)
Fast Elvis--none
Faster Elvis--none ('cept for supermoto, where he had a billion);
Ducky--none?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Spidey said:
Ducky--none?
None, and wish to stay that way, knock on wood, knock on my head, knock on everything and gifts of wine and duck to the gods and my ancestors, please let me be upright :angel:

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was just asking for ideas for making the ticker better--read better, make it clearer or more fun...it wasn't a request to help me figure it out. [cheeky] I get a few people who ask me for help deciphering the ticker from time to time, so if anyone had a brilliant idea....

I think I'm just going to start fresh in '07 and maybe put a statistic from '06 up there.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Here's a trying-to-be-constructive suggestion. In addition to the ticker in your sig, start a ticker thread so we know who corresponds to each date. It'll actually be helpful info when we look back.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Spidey said:
<snip>

DanTheMan--2
datv--2
Tigre--2
me--2
MM--one (I think)
Fast Elvis--none
Faster Elvis--none ('cept for supermoto, where he had a billion);
Ducky--none?
Full disclosure: I had two. Once in the mud (quit laughing now) and one at about 15 mph in the pouring rain (stupid, stupid, stupid)

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Spidey said:
But the mud wasn't this year, right, Michael? I'm just talkin' '06.
Ah, got it. Yes, then you're correct. One track getoff in '06. :-\

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Spidey said:
Here's a trying-to-be-constructive suggestion. In addition to the ticker in your sig, start a ticker thread so we know who corresponds to each date. It'll actually be helpful info when we look back.
Now there's a good idea. [thumbsup]

The thing I like about the sig-only is that people will p.m. me with their crashes. I put it in the sig, but don't say anything about it unless they do first. I've had two--mabye three-- like that this year...and in fact, they never told anyone online about it to my knowledge. I think the anonymity of if makes it attractive. I don't want to lose that by forcing people to come out with it in a thread. So what did you have in mind for a thread?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Spidey said:

In the interests of full disclosure, let me clarify the "eleventy billion" figure. In 2006, I had exactly 3 crashes at the track. For the mathematically inclined, this works out to a 50% crash/ track day ratio. My theory is that I am actually getting a lot better, and do not expect to crash that much in 07. But only time will tell!!

And for those of you who look down at my crash ratio, I say this: "The only ones who truly know where the limit is, are thosewho have crossed it." Hunter S. Thompson. >:D

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Mostrobelle said:
I think the anonymity of if makes it attractive. I don't want to lose that by forcing people to come out with it in a thread. So what did you have in mind for a thread?
Forcing people to come out with it in a thread. >:D Actually if people don't want to post up in the thread, that's fine. They can PM you.

But I think it would be valuable for us to get a sense of where and how people are crashing. If it starts to look like a lot of the crashes are newer riders on group rides, then we can something about that. If it's solo crashing or on rides with one or two people, that might start to tell people something. Anyway, I think it would be instructive to get a broader view of what's goin' on with the crashiness.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts