Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got started on bikes I was 14 when my sister bought a Suzuki 125 and rode me to school with her. She would let me ride up and down the alley where we lived.
Then not until 20 years later, when I met a girl rider, did I get a bike of my own. Where I lived, the safety course was not known about unless you were in the "biker"group, which I wasn't.....so I learned on my own, and at first I thought , OH MY, I'm not gonna be able to do this. But I continued there on the farm, not going on the road at first.
My first venture out on the road was very SCARY!!! but each time was better and better.
I kept that bike a couple years, then moved onto a bigger one, then I met my husband, we bought a HD sportster for him. This was our time together, riding!! We both loved it , and both loved to ride with each other.
He took the safety course that year. And I bought a yet, bigger bike, a Harley.
We love riding together, all our vacations are with the bikes.
Last summer I took the safety course, that all these years I missed. Which I'm glad I did, it showed me many things I needed to improve and many things that I was doing correctly.
I love to ride and can ride well. I am not scared out there, but I am defensive, one must be ,to avoid any potential accidents.
The safety course teaches you how to ride the bike , and how to be a good, safe, rider.
If you are not sure riding is for you, then the first thing to do is sign up for the safety course, they provide the bike and the helmets.
You will be able to tell if riding a motorcycle is for you, once you start the course, if you learn quickly how to operate the bike and you are enjoying yourself, then you are a rider, if you are not picking up on the operating of the bike and are totally frustrated, then being a biker may not be for you. But don't give up too easily, keep trying.
Also if you are totally afraid of the bike and afraid of being on the road with other traffic then it may not be for you.
You have to be confident enough to ride among the cages, but not so overconfident that you loose your defensiveness!
But I love it , and my husband and I wouldn't be without it!!
We do live to ride!!!!together!!!
We have 4 bikes in the garage now , the newest addition is my Ducati Monster!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey DUCnHAR thanks for the story. I let my wife read my original post and your reply, but no luck. I guess change is a slow process anyway. I'll just keep up the enthusiasm and maybe she'll come around a little more every time I ride, and every time I get her to go with me. Thanks for your words though. I hope more females read this post and get a little more inspired to ride. Thank you.

G

·
DUCnHAR, I am not a female rider but I thought I would post here anyway. Are you in the Harrisburg area? I recently bought my Monster from a dealer in Harrisburg. Wanted to know if you knew of them.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would that be Koups??? We are from the Philadelphia area. There are a few riders out your way.
Are you close to Rt 30?
My family is in Shippensburg, so we take Rt 30 out sometimes instead of the turnpike.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Koups is where I bought my Monster, their about 5 minutes from the turnpike at the Harrisburg east exit.

G

·
Yes, as a matter of fact it was Koups that I bought my bike from. I am a few miles from RT. 30 and I used to work in Chambersburg so I went through Ship. a lot. Good to hear that there are a few others close enough to me. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts