Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take a look at the so called speed art collection at the Ducati site. Seeing this finally made me understand why they design oddballs instead of bikes at Bologna. And poor Bayliss and Capirex having to pose for the

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yeah, good idea. Let's protest "freedom of expression". ::)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can only hope that doesnt get cross posted to the ducati babes thread.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
That is major goofy/weird.

Almost as strange/tasteless as their Style/Sophistication/Performance campaign they almost launched years back. The print adds and signs were fine, but I saw a video/ad that was going to be released. OMG, was it cheesy. I am not sure that was because it was Italian and I was not used to it or if it was because Italians were doing what they though would appeal to people in the US.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
That is so bad, it is really hard to describe without writing a book - where to begin?

The cheap props?
The g*y costumes?
nude men?

If I was a Duc competitor, I would blow that sh!t up life size, hang it up at each race, just to remind and shame the Duc riders that their compnay actually that this was a good idea.

Where is the intimidation with angles and plastic tarps?

see them here

mitt

now this is art

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I'd like see more Ducati 'art' with nude men; I think the
effort is sucessful since it's inspiring comment...
I wouldn't say tha this is highbrow, but come on fellows, if there were nude women then I expect your response would be different

I see it no different than the silly 'green' ads for KZ

Personnally I'm all for more artful males nudes in cycling ads...

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not wearing any pants. Anyone want to see?

I didn't think so...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My thought behind this was that we could use this Forum to give Ducati some feedback from time to time. We all know that they are struggling with sales and design. And since we are one big family we could give them a rough ride as long as we keep it in the family. The fastest growing small mass marked manufacturer in Europe is now KTM, in 1995 they were bankrupt and now they are winning the Paris Dakar rally year after year and their new super bike is almost ready.
I see this so called Speed art as a confirmation that something is very wrong and focus is lost.
Some years ago a journalist visited Ducati to find out how it was possible for a small and cash stripped manufacturer to beat the mighty Japanese corporations. He thought he found it, it was attitude, in one small office he found the answer, on the walls there where just 2 small photographs, one of the Pope and one of Carl Fogarty. Those people where dedicated then. To day it seems the focus is lost. Except the Ducati Corse, those are the good guys.
Mitt, thanks for the photos of Shakey thats art man, and Lory, male nudes in ads, you are out, buy your self a copy of the Britsh mag. Fast Bike, then you will understand. Herb do not put your self down, it can not be that bad?

Slim

·
Registered
125 Posts
When your bike is badass who gives a rats ass what the competetion might say about ad art.

If the only prob is with the 1 or 3 chessy ads (which they are)out of the large number that just show badass bikes, ect. then try to take comfort that there's probably an ad person out there responsible for that cheese that's looking for new employment.

Hey Lori, I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I would certainly not have a problem with female nudes. I don't have a problem with the male nudes - I just don't care to study them. I think it would be cool for the ladies if the guys did some tasteful nudes. But those fins, ducts and other strange things kind of ugly up the picture. I am a man of simple tastes - just a girl and a bike for me.

I am just trying to help the ladies - have the racers pose with the bikes only. And where is Xaus? I know he has some female fans... ;D

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Herb,
Threats, threats, threats...:)

I actually do decent photography work (okay it's a ruse so that when I see a hot guy on a bike, he'll pose in a little tank top for me...)

Honestly I do know why anyone is taking this so called speed art seriously, I hardly think that it was meant seriously

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bah just give me pics of molly doing laps on her duc.

that would sell me!

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
He thought he found it, it was attitude, in one small office he found the answer, on the walls there where just 2 small photographs, one of the Pope and one of Carl Fogarty. Those people where dedicated then. To day it seems the focus is lost. Except the Ducati Corse, those are the good guys.
Slim
Slim, that is the point exactly. I don't want to see nude women in an ad for a race team, I definetly don't want to see nude men, I want to see engineering, results, and dedication. How is saran wrap and big air ducts showing what can come out of Bologna?

If the product is good, you don't have to sell it, just show it.

Lori - if you want male nude advertising (in good taste), check out the European Rugby nude calanders. I can understand them a little better, since those guys are the epitome of athleticism.

mitt

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's just so wrong on so many levels! I can't believe it not only got produced but acutally published........It's so bad that it doesn't even work as camp! I don't think I have seen anything so bad in years.......someone knew someone who did someone a favor....
now I know why Ducati has been using that ugly light blue background......oh my god......I gotta go throw up.....I may never pick my camera up again.....ggeeeeeeeeeesssseeeee louise wow!

·
Registered
668 Posts
I do not think making such photos would do any harm on the main subject => Ducati bikes

I do not think those pics cost rats butt to show on the Ducati website.

Focus lost or not. It is all about advertising.

Skier

1 - 16 of 16 Posts