Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone think the '08 model year S2R will have the 1078 like the motard & strada? i'm ready(next year) to buy new again and have had the S2R1K in mind. but if '08 is going to have the 1078 i'll wait. ??? either way i'm psyched.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I had the same thoughts. Seems these days all the manufactures make big changes every year and unless you are made of money it is impossible to keep up. If you buy an 08 then there will be changes in 09 that you wished you had. I just went and bought one.

Rob

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
you should expect a 1078 (dryclutched aircooled) monster for 08. I think they will do also a smooth change of optics/design. not a radical like they did it with the step from 998 to 999.

the next top monster: s1100r (or 1200 from forthcoming superbike r-version) in 08 ??

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it appears, from the ducati web page, the multistrada 1100 has a wet clutch & the hypermotard(1100)has a dry clutch. i like noise if it is generated from the horsepower side of the house, but i don't understand the fascination with the mechanical chatter that adds nothing to the performance. IMO ???

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
You guys seen the 07 dark on silver scheme for the s4r yet? HAWT! It was like ghost stripes or something...

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Statler said:
It's 1078, and although it's pure speculation, the guys at my dealer all say no for 07 and yes for 08.
Key words there are "pure speculation". Ducati hasn't even hinted that the S2R will get the 1100 motor.

Common sense however says it will eventually. Unless they drop the Monster. Sure that's unlikely, but never say never.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.