Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the significance of the Elephant Logo on the Duc?

I have been wondering about this for some time.

Last week end we were discussing tire pressure, so I got down & had a good look at my tires to see what if any pressure was marked on the side.

When lo & behold, I found another Elephant. Now more than ever I really want to know what the Significance of the Elephant is on the Duc & why the same logo is on my Metzler Sprortmax tyres?? I didn't buy them as Ducati Spares.

Is this just some freakey coinsidence?

Or Do Cagiva own the Metzler tire factory or something????

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
The elephant on the older Ducs was part of the CAGIVA logo. It was on a lot of the bikes during the time CAGIVA owned Ducati. On my 907, the elephant is on several parts like the gas cap. Some of the older pasos even had the elephant as part of the Ducati logo on the tank.

As far as I know, the Metzeler elephant is unrelated. The elephant logo on their web site is totally different.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I agree. My '94 (Cagiva era) M900 has elephants allll over it. Everywhere ya look it seems. Don't bother me much though...

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I have a ton of the little elephants on my bike as well. I was detailing my bike all day yesterday and they are on my rims too. :)

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Actaully, the only annoying thing is cleaning the bike. I use a soft bristle toothbrush to clean them up. Otherwise, they trap dirt and look like a zit or something on the wheel. ;)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I kind of like the elephant. I have thought about buying one of the leather elephant patches (I think Z Leathers has them) and putting it on the back of my circa 1993 Ducati jacket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts