Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm about to get some SpeedyMoto Framesliders installed (they're in finally!) and I was just wondering - is there actually any downsides of installing them?

1) I know for some bikes with fairings you have to drill a hole in the fairing - Monsters have none so I assume there's no "damage" that needs to be done and removing them leave no mark.
2) I know that part of the sliders are installed on the engine chasis of the bike - I see the exact bolt where it would go and it's pretty clear of my knees and my legs as I walk the bike. That's really the only thing that I care about.
3) I know in a situation where if I were to go down in the grass or something else softer than concrete the sliders would actually have a negative effect, plowing into the ground, and stopping the bike quicker - perhaps throwing me off in the process. Am I wrong here? Either way it doesn't matter since I pretty much stick to the city and expressway.

Let this be a thread on posting Q&A's on sliders and if you got them installed and have pics post'em.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
sliders are great. be very careful tapping new slider bolt through front engine mount. managed to mung mine pretty bad: had to order new bolt ($75 mistake). make sure u support motor & keep holes aligned. torque to spec & ride on

·
Registered
16 Posts
Most axle sliders eliminate the possibility of using certain rear wheel stands, such as the Pit Bull. It's an either/or situation because you need access to the hole to use those kinds of stands. I know that your question is about frame sliders, but often times, that leads you to axle sliders as well, at which point you would need to consider this.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
In your #3 fear, the bike will frequently slide off the pavement and flip when it digs into something soft like grass, doing lot's of damage. I don't use them for this reason.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Drop the bike once and the sliders will pay for themselves. I have them mounted on the front axle, mid-frame, and rear axle. The T-Rex rear stands can lift the bike using the sliders OR using the swing arm (if you have the M696 with the dual-sided swing arm). I purchased the "Motovation" sliders and had no problems with installation. The engine bolt slipped out nicely (be sure to place a jack under your engine and just lift it enough to take the weight off). The sliders are a very good quality. Quick shipping, great price. Hope I don't have to use them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I ended up getting the SpeedyMoto frame sliders, professionally installed for about $200 including labor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts