Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
3,677 Posts
It took me a few years to realize that the two tubes sticking out behind the tail light weren't doing anything useful. I finally gave in and cut them off. I've never seen a Monster done quite like yours, so you get bonus points for being unique. Keep thinking about it and eventually you should work up the courage to cut those tubes so that your tail is properly shortened. Looks like you won't have to do anything else but cut the two tubes.

· Banned
3,677 Posts
One of the parameters for customizing the duc was to keep it in a state of "backward compatibility" - if I should want to sell her I'd like the buyer to have the opertunity to start from scratch if they prefer.
That was my argument too. Then after a few years I finally figured out that there was no way the bike was ever going back to stock condition, and that gave me the courage to cut the rear. Once you've made enough modifications, you might come to the same conclusion too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.