Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
671 Posts
Bike looks great w/ the duc bill removed. I am with you, I just cannot chop the frame on a new bike. I am just thinking structural rigidity in the back of my mind.

I am currently doing a similar setup to my bike, using stainless steel instead of aluminum. I am also thinking about mounting my turn signals off of the license bracket so my wife doesn't kick them off. Your bike looks very clean and the black frame helps to hide the remaining tailpiece, great job!

· Registered
671 Posts
Make sure you use a stainless compatible blade or machining bit or you will burn them up. I went through 5 end mills before I learned my lesson. Here a little tip for you, instead of trying to leave the unfinished surface or polishing the stainless, sand blast it with a coarse sand then follow up with a glass bead and you will get a nice anodized/mat finish. As soon as I get mine done, I'll post it. I am too busy riding to tear it down for a couple of days.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.