Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

701 - 720 of 739 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gday everyone.
I'm Jon, originally from the US, been living in Sydney's Northern Beaches for 5 years.
I just bought my 1st Monster 900 today (after having Suzuki SV650S). Totally unplanned. Just saw it and fell in love. I'm pretty rusty, but looking forward to getting back on the road regularly.
I'm a Business Development Manager. (But currently looking for work, haha)
I don't know what to think yet. Just still buzzing from getting the new wheels.

·
Registered
11 Posts
New from Melbourne

Hi,

I'm Steve, live in Melbourne and have two Ducs, a S2R 1000 and a beautiful old 1982 600 Pantah.
Just picked up the Monster and keen to meet other Monster owners to talk bike stuff like the best after market exhaust systems, slip - ons or full exhaust!
Cheers,
Steve.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome Steve - I've got a S2R 800 which is 10 years old.

Its my second Monster, the first was a 600 Dark.

I'm in Templestowe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks BH78! Are you on the Ducatista Melbourne FB page? Only just up and running they are planning on organising many rides now the weather has improved, hope to see you out on the road after October as just recovering from a knee op!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome Steve and also Ausmerican. I know Melbourne and Sydney aren't as good as Brisbane but having Ducati helps to make up for it. Haha. Seriously though welcome and enjoy your rides. Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Will join up mate - cheers. All the best with the knee.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Gday Monster children

Moving over from the DMF which has lost its cense of humour due to some over zealous
policing by the moderators.

Live in Sydney Australia in the slums of the Northern beaches ride a S2R1000 completely stock LOL
Wifey rides a 696
Track an R6 work as a volunteer Track marshal to get free track time.
Always up for a country ride with like minded miscreats .

Love long walks at the beach Sushi and singing in the rain .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys,

Am new to the site, I thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Micah; I am from Lake Illawarra, NSW, approximately 20 minutes South of Wollongong.

Have knocked around motorcycles in one form or another for as long as I can remember, my partner and I have a bike each, we enjoy riding through the mountains or travelling down the coast on a sunny weekend.

It will be good to network with likeminded enthusiasts and perhaps join in on a trip or two.

Regards,

Micah

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Micah
What bikes are you and your partner riding?

You will be in luck as the bunch of us from Sydney and surrounds are planning a South coast ride some time in late January
Most likely through the RNP down through the hills of Wollongong and on to Mac pass and lunch in Kangaroo valley.
Keep watching our posts .
Dez

·
Registered
6 Posts
Saying hi.

Hi Micah
What bikes are you and your partner riding?

You will be in luck as the bunch of us from Sydney and surrounds are planning a South coast ride some time in late January
Most likely through the RNP down through the hills of Wollongong and on to Mac pass and lunch in Kangaroo valley.
Keep watching our posts .
Dez
Hi Dez,

Madamé rides a 1994 model M900. It's nothing terribly special but the gal just loves it. I can understand, it's a Ducati. :)

The route that you've mentioned is one of our favourite 'local' runs. We normally return to Wollongong via Berry

Micah

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone,

I saw the thread and thought I might come an introduce myself to some fellow monster riders.
I'm Wayne from the West Coast in Perth and new to the site and thought it would be a nice idea to swap mod ideas and riding advice in general.

Still pretty young, only 21 with a fresh degree in Physics, and have a 2006 620 Monster which is my first bike and I fell in love with the freedom instantly to make it more of a lifestyle than a just Sunday rider.

I also seemed to pick up modding bug (kangaroo forced my hand) and just finishing off painting now, and added some pod filters, bar end mirrors, red aluminum grips, red aluminum handlebar, tail chop and LED Indicators.
Also I decided to core the exhaust and worked on neat solution for it. Basically turning the stock exhaust into a titanium performance exhaust for about $200 and some time (which is nearly done, just have to weld her up).
I was thinking about posting a very detailed how-to when it's all done. Would this be something the community would be interested in?

I found that when looking at coring the exhaust out I just had no idea what the inside would look like and if I had that prior knowledge before hand, it would be so much easier to do.
Because I'll go into every single cut, bang and weld with info on why and how (with pictures)

Anyway bit of long intro, Nice to meet you all.

Cheers,
Wayne

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Welcome Wayne.

No doubt there would be interest in any work you have done on your bike ... although the exhaust is typically the first thing people modify (swap out) - I do know somebody that still has the stock exhaust on their bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Betty,

I would think as much probably being the easiest thing you can do is replace the slip-on muffers for an instant increase in power and giving a duke her voice back.
But I'll put up a thread about coring the stock into a performance exhaust anyway. That way if anyone feels game and never wanted to shell out for an aftermarket exhaust, they can get a termi-sound and performance without the price tag.

I'll definitely make a thread once she is back on the road with all the before and afters of the other mods and fixes as well.

Cheers for the warm welcome.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Also the modified exhaust option looks stock ... which will be rather attractive to quite a few people.

The 'roos haven't dampened your enthusiasm which is good ... maybe you can include a commentary when you start your new thread.

701 - 720 of 739 Posts