Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

621 - 640 of 739 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi from Sydney.
M900 Chromo
Government drone.
Great forum. Happy to meet more local riders.
Prefer beer in the evening. Make mine a latte for breakfast.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Confused about Learner Legal Mosters

Hi all,

My name's Rob and I'm currently in the ACT. I rode a Kawasaki zx6 before losing my license. I am now back on my Ls and wondering what I'm going to do. My options are either to get my Ps as quickly as possible and just not ride until I can ride the 6 again, or sell the 6 and buy a learner legal bike (I have no cash to keep the 6 and buy a learner legal bike as I'm currently studying). I am bored silly by almost every learner legal bike on the market, however, I think that monsters have sufficient sex appeal, and a nice enough sound that I am considering one. I am truly confused about which versions are LAMS legal and which aren't however. I did a search on the forums and it seems others have had this problem. Can anybody clarify for me what the difference between a 620, 620 ie, and 620 lite is? Which of these are learner legal? I've checked rego ACTs website but they state on there that not every possible bike is listed. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Confused about Learner Legal Mosters

Hi Rob,

i'm not too sure on the difference between the 620 and the lite.. they are said to be just a de-tuned 620, maybe ask the nearest Ducati dealer, although they no longer make the 620, replaced by the 695.

ask how much has to be changed to bring the lite up to 620 hp..

i looked at the updated LAMS list, an option is to see if you can work out the power to weight ratio of your 6. as long as it comes in under 150 kw/tonne

or if your 6 is the same power and weight as the 09/2010 650 ninja

sorry which i doubt now. looked up some specs

08 zx6 54N-m / 166-170kg.

09 ninja 650 52N-m / 205kg
600M approx 51hp
620 standard 60hp(lite? could not find specs on the lite)
620 83 hp.

·
Banned
49 Posts
Jacksonville!

Wachya name: Jesse

Wachya ride: 09 m696 w/ a few things I've done

Wachya do? work for a private college

Wachya think? I think too much to write... but not that many Ducatis in Jacksonville Fl... anyone know where they all hang out?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wachya name:
Stew
Albany WA

Wachya ride:
620ie

Wachya do?
Run venues

Wachya think?
Stoked to finally own my first duke at the ripe old age of fifty!
Front end a bit saggy but I am working on this. Otherwise, great bike, great site, great community

·
Registered
1 Posts
Clint,
Caringbah Sydney,
03 m800dark with 3000kms, Remus cf pipes, dp ecu/filter.
i brought it off a family member who had owned it since new but only ran and rego'd the bike for 1 year before he parked it and only rode his Harley as he has a bung knee that didnt agree with mid/rear sets.
im still on restricted license till mid august so till then im still riding my xs650 as a daily and the Ducati when im feeling stupid.
i run a Laser game business.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just signed the deal

On a brand new, in the crate M1100S ABS.
Ordered exhaust, Givi stuff and open clutch parts.

Pick her up in a week or so.

Steve in Ontario
Canada

·
Registered
1 Posts
Name : Delidervis
Where : Qatar
In Relationship with : Monster 695
Do : It's electric baby!

"Whoaray! i found a forum and there is no spam here!"

feel before you die!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wachya name:
Dylan
Beecroft, Sydney

Wachya ride:
2008 - 696

Wachya do?
PE

Wachya think?
Ticket off the bucket list to own my first duke.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey

Wachya name: John

Wachya ride: 08 m696 matt black with stainless termis.

Wachya live Cairns QLD.

Wachya do? elec tech.

Wachya think? I love it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi me from Melbourne :)
i got my first Ducati Monster 400 ie and im loving it. this is my second motorbike, my first bike was a Sachs Madass 125! love riding that bike till i found my 1st ducati!
i think this model is the perfect next step from a 125.
tell me guys " how do i enjoy this bike trouble free head ache free?
does anyone out there have a owners manual handy. love to read up on it.
me from Melbourne :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys, Macca from Brisbane. Currently on a factory Tuono, but that is going and a new Monster in its place shortly, if the dealer gets his finger out of his arse!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi guys

Name is James, I live in Sydney and I've just bought an 07 S4RT. It has a full zard system, stock ecu + airbox and a whole heap of carbon!

I've been doing heaps of reading on open airboxes and DP ECU's and RB's. Pretty sure i'm heading down the route of the DP ecu and open airbox after reading a thread by big t, however i cannot find anywhere that I can get just the ecu and not the termis with it! Can anybody help with this?
I know it's not going to be cheap but I like the idea of sticking with a ducati developed product.
Any idea on price and install time? Also who are the best people for servicing etc? Frasers seem to be pretty popular but a couple of opinions would be awesome!

Kind regards

James

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just picked up a clean 2001 S4 here in Melbourne.

Tank is leaking at the hinge... going to drain and wash out the tank this weekend to prep it for sealant and brazing...

Anyone know a good place to get the tank brazed in Melbourne?

Also looking for a left side handlebar, the one I have is tweaked...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,

Taking ownership of my first Duke next month, 2010 M1100 in red (or course), full Termi kit with ECU & filter, 14T, shorty eliminator and LED indicators.

I'll be riding up around Mornington Peninsula most weekends, curve-working around Flinders, Arthurs Seat etc.

Been riding a Suzi GSX650F for a while but got bored with it so threw it into an Armco railing for giggles and bruises :rolleyes: Time to get something I really wanted.

Can't wait to join the madness.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,
My name is Dee and i live in Perth.
Owned my 696 in Lilac since last March and have done a few mods since then.
new to riding and have only held my open license since last May so am learning all the time

·
Registered
8 Posts
Howdy guys - very excited about this...

Name: Danny

Ride: Soon to be a 1000 Dark, already buzzing about the mods I wanna do.

Do: Graphic & Web Design around googling 'Monster Modifications Australia".

Think: It's been long enough to be bikeless, and I can't wait to jump back on the galloping horses.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good day guys,

I am a German who lived on the Gold Coast for 6 years. I rode a Speed Triple for most of that time. I moved back to Munich two years ago for various reasons, one of them being that I wanted to enjoy motorcycling again after being fed up with the extreme policing, poor condition of roads and the lack of a decent variety of motorcycle routes. I ride a BMW F800R here at the moment which is a fun bike too. I just came back from a quick trip down to the Italian alps with a mate on a 620 Monster.

Anyway, moving back to QLD is on the agenda in a few months and I am already planning my next motorcycle purchase. I booked a test ride for a 1100 EVO for Thursday and I am liking what I see and read so far. I never had a Ducati and I think it is time:)

One question to the Aussie guys though:

Whats the local pricing in Oz for this model (RRP or "Ride Away")? Dr. Google does not seem to have an answer?

The Price over is here EUR 11,790.00, which translates to about
AUD 16,000.00. However, thats before you start to haggle:)

Sorry in advance to the Admins, if I hijacked this thread. Let me know and I am happy to repost in another section.

621 - 640 of 739 Posts