Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

501 - 520 of 739 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am a relatively new Ducati Monster owner. Picked up my S4R Monster in late January from Ducati Adelaide and now have just completed the first 1000km and had the service done. Along with the 1st service I had a rear hugger installed, oggy knobs, 14T front sprocket and bar risers. All great modifications with the bike a little better off the line with less clutch load and more tractable around town in 3rd gear. The oggy knobs look great as does the hugger and the bar riser has taken some pressure of the wrists and hence less "pins and needles".

Now I am about to order new Rizoma reverse retro mirrors, grips, bar ends, and clutch and brake reservoirs...mmm...

Would love the full 50mm Termignoni DP exhaust but that is still a little steep pricewise for me.. but .. mmm. Maybe soon.

Anyway thought I best introduce myself and I look forward to all the great information that this site will provide etc.

Cheers

Bret

·
Registered
104 Posts
hey guys !
Thought i'd say hello and let you know i'm running around now and have been off the crutches for some time. . . . yeah record recovery !
I'm flying out at the end of the month and i'd like to catch up with some of you guys, especially those who came and visited me in hospital.
Are the sat morning Mecca brekkies still on ???

. . . . and yeah, i'll be stopping in Bologna ! [thumbsup]

catch up soon

MB

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Mickyb said:
hey guys !
Thought i'd say hello and let you know i'm running around now and have been off the crutches for some time. . . . yeah record recovery !
I'm flying out at the end of the month and i'd like to catch up with some of you guys, especially those who came and visited me in hospital.
Are the sat morning Mecca brekkies still on ???

. . . . and yeah, i'll be stopping in Bologna ! [thumbsup]

catch up soon

MB
Way to go Micky! Yep, the brekkies are still on. Let us know when you plan to be there. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to say Hi :). Met Goldfish and Mick at the WSBK at Phillip Island. They told me about the website and to send a HI to everyone. I ride a monster S4RS. Just put on the Termi system and now I love it more.
Jan, Newcastle N.S.W.

N

·
0 Posts
Hi Jan, and welcome!

Good to talk ducs with you at PI. You have a couple of very nice and tasteful machines in your garage! makes me envious!

Look out in this forum for posts for rides north of Syd. It'd be awesome if you guys could make one.

Cheers

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #510
G'Day Jan,
Did you manage to get all those nasty marks off your ducktail? Like I said, just put some turps on a rag and rub like buggery, that should do the trick.

Mmick

N

·
0 Posts
two bikes that I saw:

"duchess" pearl white S4Rs, tastefully blinged with carbon bits and termi system
"duke" tricolore 1098s, again with tasteful carbon and termi system

both immaculate....

oh, and Jan had her rear cowl signed by all the WSBK ducati riders, by way of scamming her way into the pits and harrassing until she got the goods.

or something like that!

Hope to see you on a ride soon!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Max767 said:
Name - Damien

Ride - Tangerine/Black 05 S2R800

Where - Brisvegas

Do - Sales Rep
Gedday Damo...

I love the Tangerine colour...

It's nearly as nice as red ;) All Ducatis are red you know, they just paint over the red for people who want a different colour!! That's why red ones are faster!! All the extra paint adds weight and slows the other colours down :eek: ??? [cheeky] [clap] [laugh]

Welcome mate..

Ita

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
G'day the name here is Scott

Melbourne

750 monster dark with road racing conversion

My bike has very low KM's due to flooding issue from day one, but today this 7 year issue might have been solved.

I put a post about under What plug for my duke ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gday all, name is Luke - live in nowra and apparently teach apprentice mechanics at TAFE for a quid. end of last year picked up a 95 M900 monster (red) with low km's out of victoria, just waiting till after the financial year to register it here in NSW. its NO MORE RICE for me!!!

This has given me plenty of time to pull the bike apart and get to know it, clean and fix a few things. but now i am busting to ride it and get the red plates i orded for it out of the RTA (MYDUC).

looking forward to meeting and riding with some monster owners around the Illawarra and south coast area in the future.

Cheers Spook

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
spook said:
Gday all, name is Luke - live in nowra and apparently teach apprentice mechanics at TAFE for a quid. end of last year picked up a 95 M900 monster (red) with low km's out of victoria, just waiting till after the financial year to register it here in NSW. its NO MORE RICE for me!!!

This has given me plenty of time to pull the bike apart and get to know it, clean and fix a few things. but now i am busting to ride it and get the red plates i orded for it out of the RTA (MYDUC).

looking forward to meeting and riding with some monster owners around the Illawarra and south coast area in the future.

Cheers Spook
Hey spook, welcome to the DML. [thumbsup]

I am the only Illawarra member on the board but there is alot of Southern Sydney riders who pop up here now and again.

I usually go for a ride every second weekend. Hope to catch up for a ride down south soon.

Rob

N

·
0 Posts
welcome to RodeoRoo and to Spook!

Yeah rob, need to do another southern ride soon - been north since coming back from PI, and I miss the Illawarra, better roads, less popo (IMO)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys.

I have spent the past 5 years of my life wanting a bike and thinking that a Ducati was out of reach, in the past two weeks i have really been itching to get on a bike and i have my heart set on a 695.

Thought that i'd say hi, i'm in adelaide by the way.

Ciao.

501 - 520 of 739 Posts