Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

441 - 460 of 739 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
simcor said:
Hi Guys,
Renewing my membership of the board (off since '04 due to work commitments...)
Ride: M900 ('95 model, big valves, some mods..) & 748SPS ('98 stock)
Where: Dee Why
Doing what: Engineer / Tinkerer in Power plant Industry
Thinks: .....anyone else have a 748 that hiccups and stalls at idle ?!!! :(
...See you out there !
...Simon
Hey Simon,

Good to see another Dee Why Monster rider on the DML - We will have to hook up for a ride soon - With Big T up in Belrose we can get the Northern Beaches rides happening [cheeky]

Wecome back! [thumbsup] R_usty

·
Registered
385 Posts
Cerberus53 said:
Inner South - but still(!) waiting for Monster to arrive, so it wasn't me that time. See you all on the road soon - I hope.
Hrrm, waiting for the bike to arrive. Gee, I wonder where you ordered it.

Given up on our local dealer, after they managed to cock up another parts order I made a couple of months back. I'm now of the opinion I'm happy to make more effort and pay more just not to generate any money from them
</rant>

·
Registered
5 Posts
ellingly said:

Given up on our local dealer, after they managed to thingy up another parts order I made a couple of months back. I'm now of the opinion I'm happy to make more effort and pay more just not to generate any money from them
</rant>
Umm. I think I'm stuck with my current order - it is currently due to arrive in the next two weeks - but I haven't been overwhelmed by the process to date. I may need to follow your example with future orders and look further afield.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Cerberus53 said:
Umm. I think I'm stuck with my current order - it is currently due to arrive in the next two weeks - but I haven't been overwhelmed by the process to date. I may need to follow your example with future orders and look further afield.
Good man :). Yeah, I had a similar problem ordering my bike. I don't mind waiting, I just appreciate being told the truth, and honestly, when I order something specific, you order the correct thing, and when it (admittedly the wrong thing) arrives, you ring me, not wait 2 months till I'm away in Perth then go "why haven't you picked it up?". *headdesk*.

Anyway, congrats on the bike, whenever it arrives. Hopefully my weekends will become slightly more free closer to Christmas and a ride will be possible. Shall hopefully get new boots on the gf's bike and it'll be sweet as.

·
Registered
39 Posts
ellingly said:

Given up on our local dealer, after they managed to thingy up another parts order I made a couple of months back. I'm now of the opinion I'm happy to make more effort and pay more just not to generate any money from them
</rant>
I agree - they can be way too hit and miss. One day you'll get service all over the place, next day they don't to want to know you. Happy to take your $$$ though...

Am pretty happy with Axle's tho - did my 14t sprocket and 520 chain conversion...

Anyway - back on topic - gday Cerberus53, Simcor, Toldno

·
Registered
385 Posts
S4M said:
I agree - they can be way too hit and miss. One day you'll get service all over the place, next day they don't to want to know you. Happy to take your $$$ though...

Am pretty happy with Axle's tho - did my 14t sprocket and 520 chain conversion...

Anyway - back on topic - gday Cerberus53, Simcor, Toldno
Yeah, it's good to see a few more people around. I see a few Monsters on my ride to work every morning, and I think none of them are from here.

As for Axles, yes, they're great, they used to service my gixxer, partly cause I lived just up the road, and partly cause they were good. I'll probably do my own servicing though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I see a few around the place - used to park next one but he replaced it with a new Paul Smart with twin termis - very nice bike.

Mine is that dark grey almost black colour with Staintunes and a bellypan with S4 written on it - and only one bar end mirror - the other fell off!! ;D

Once I get a rear stand i'll probably look at doing servicing myself too

·
Registered
385 Posts
S4M said:
I see a few around the place - used to park next one but he replaced it with a new Paul Smart with twin termis - very nice bike.

Mine is that dark grey almost black colour with Staintunes and a bellypan with S4 written on it - and only one bar end mirror - the other fell off!! ;D

Once I get a rear stand i'll probably look at doing servicing myself too
I sold my DSS stand with my gixxer, but we still have one for my gf's R6. You know you want to :).

They're pretty easy motors to work on, although I know from experience (about 6 years ago) the 4V motors are a bit of a prick to do clearances on. Nothing a few brews won't fix.

Speaking of which, might need to organise an ACT_DML ride & couple of beers after, much closer to christmas though.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Super T.I.B said:
Hey, if you organise a ACT DML ride, you may even get some Sydneysiders coming down. I may be interested if you can let me sleep somewhere! [cheeky]
Well, we do got ourselves a big <tony grieg>grudge</tony grieg> and a four bedroom house, and it's just me, my partner, and our pet dog & bird... So, yeah, that's an option.

If we don't end up getting new boots for her R6, it'd be a run over Mt McDonald, up towards Brindabella, then a sneak off to the tracking station, otherwise a coast-based run might be a go. Just depends on my time; my partner is off work all of December, but I've got a stonking great final report to be done pretty shortly (by stonking it's equivalent to roughly most people's PhD thesis, and since it represents 2.5 years worth of my work and is only done by me, it's pretty damned equivalent for those who know what a PhD thesis is like).

Anyway, enough excuses. I'll see how it's tracking in a week or two, might do it just prior to christmas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Who: Heather
Ride: '05 1000s
Where: Hamilton Vic
Do: Lab Tech for Mining Co
Think: People take things too seriously!!!!

Need someone to go riding with. Anybody even heard of Hamilton in Victoria (not other exotic locales). [laugh]

·
Registered
326 Posts
Welcome Heather!...have you ever ridden over Mt Gambier?

wonder what the b1 is like round the coast to Adelaide? i've done the A8, but the coastal road could be good?

·
Registered
385 Posts
heatherp said:
Who: Heather
Ride: '05 1000s
Where: Hamilton Vic
Do: Lab Tech for Mining Co
Think: People take things too seriously!!!!

Need someone to go riding with. Anybody even heard of Hamilton in Victoria (not other exotic locales). [laugh]
Yeah, I've heard of it. What mining co do you work for? I'm a geophysicist with the federal govt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
All my travel has been east lately. But I have all intentions of getting over the border soon.

I work for a mineral sands mining co.

Not the subject matter of this forum I know but I'm too polite not to answer questions. ::)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Oz Mo's

Ride: Monster 695 - Gloss Black, Red frame (Delivery - 9th of Jan)
Where: Hornsby (NSW)
Do: Mechanical Design Engineer
Think: Do I really need to buy those new Puma Ducati shoes (180) from Foot Locker right now?

Brett

·
Registered
476 Posts
Six95 said:
Hi Oz Mo's

Think: Do I really need to buy those new Puma Ducati shoes (180) from Foot Locker right now?

Brett
Welcome to the DML and yes, all BLING is good!

Have fun

R_usty

N

·
0 Posts
Six95 said:
Hi Oz Mo's

Brett
Of course you do! Welcome to the DML!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #460
Welcome Heather (ask any question you want) and Six95, you will get out of this forum what you put in, meet a great bunch of like minded people, just be careful though, you might get addicted to this place, isnt this fun??

Mmick

441 - 460 of 739 Posts