Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

201 - 220 of 739 Posts

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
g,day mick, nice bike! [thumbsup]
hopefully the brissie crew can get organised and get a decent ride organised soon. there's been a couple but only small turnouts, should set a date with plenty of notice and get a decent crowd eh?
paul.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Yeh, I'd be keen on a ride with some like minded souls - getting a little boring (only a little mind you) riding around on my own.

Unfortunately my job does mean I'm on call a fair bit - but lets see how it works out.

I've only had the Duc two weeks and only been in area two months but have been able to do the Mt Glorious and Lake loops; done a run through Gatton up Ma Ma Creek and Toowoomba back around Hamilton.

Luckily I can also scoot around the back through Minden and Rosewood to get to work rather than risking "life and Limb" on the Warrego.

Count me in on a ride as long as the destination has decent coffee (or beer depending on temperature and time of day).

·
Registered
153 Posts
Been a bit naughty and posted a few replies before introducing myself, my bad.

Richie from Inner Sydney, got myself a '95 monster with a cracked crankcase that is going to be a little project for myself, can't help myself, only happy when i've got something to do.

Stepped off a Laverda SF3, BMW R100R and a R1150GS, and during that time a '93 900SS, loved the motor but the ride wasn't the best, i think it had been down the road and not straightened properly ::).
Ever since getting rid of the SS had fond memories of the desmo motor and its beautiful note, just had to do it.

I'm a firey out of an inner city station.

and am an avid espresso drinker, definitely don't approach me before my first. [cheeky].

Cheers

Richie

N

·
0 Posts
Welcome Richie,

There are a few espresso nut monster riders in the Syd crowd, and the rest put up with us (barely). ;D

We get together @ Mecca Espresso in the city (cnr king and york sts), search for "mecca espresso" here on the DML for more into and a map if you need it.

Bigiain and Rachel are pretty much always there around 10ish on a Sat, but I remember him saying that they won't be back in town till later so maybe the next espresso gathering is on the 13th Jan. I won't be able to make the 6th either, as I am going to Melb for the weekend (wedding to attend!)

Hope to see you there on the 13th.... Oh and yes, we will be organising some ride days soon and give people plenty of notice so they can come along!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
G'Day Ace,
Sounds like you have got yourself a nice little project going with the older Monster, Hope to catch up with you at Macca's.... er Mecca, and have a little chat, 13th sounds like everyone will be back up on deck, I'm with the RFS (Rural Fire Service) and we have a good working relationship with the 'Townies' out this way, catchya soon.

Mmick

·
Registered
12 Posts
G'day, thought i'd introduce myself

Name: Bud a.k.a George

Where: Sydney (South)

ride: 03 M620 (just put on termi pipes, bloody fantastic)

Wachya do? Real Estate Sales

Wachya think? He who sleeps with itchy bum, wakes up with smelly finger  [laugh]

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Hey George [thumbsup] welcome to the Monster board!

How far south are you? I`m in Wollongong.

What are you doing on Sunday? I`m going for a ride down to Kangaroo valley with a few mates!

Rob

N

·
0 Posts
budswiser said:
Thanks Rob,

Not that far south, im in Brighton Le sands!

Unfortunately can't make this weekend, hopefully next time
Hi Budweiser, welcome to the DML!

I am in Sutho, and often see monsters around the southern suburbs. You happen to be on a red 620? I always see a red wet clutched monster around tom uglys bridge!

Me, I'm on a red 03 M800 with high mount arrows and an ever increasing amount of bling... [thumbsup]

·
Registered
55 Posts
monstermick58 said:
No not me, but I think this ought to be a sticky? so that people could say hi so;
Wachya name: Kelem

Wachya ride: 2000 900ie

Wachya do? sparky

Wachya think? awesome site have looked and used it for reference heaps

From Auckland New Zealand

Mmick

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK,

I'm Devin Hosea from Princeton, NJ
I ride a spanking new 2007 M695 soon to have Termignoni pipes so I can lean further.
Like to ride without a helmet - so I often ride in CT with friends.
My day job is in NYC with a hedge fund.

Love the site, and the bike. Want to go on rides in NJ, where Monster clubs are sparse (we have NYC and PA, but no NJ monster club)

N

·
0 Posts
Hi Kelem and Mal,

Welcome to the DML! I'm going to go and find the poll the Ducmonrob started and bump it.

We can call it the Hooligans Down Under Census - or HDUC for short!

·
Registered
361 Posts
monstermick58 said:
No not me, but I think this ought to be a sticky? so that people could say hi so;
Wachya name: Matthew or Vasser or Matty

Wachya ride: Just got a M620 2004 L.A. soon to be full joy

Wachya do? Freelance Photographer and yes digital is better but i can't shoot your wedding...

Wachya think? Only late at night usually dreaming up ways to spend the folding stuff.

Mmick

201 - 220 of 739 Posts