Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what up all...

so i went to cycle center and talked to some sales dude.

$6,837 out the door for an 04 800 (trading in my gs500 at $1,800 ... im selling it currently for $2,600 so that kinda sucks...but it's a hella lot easier )

obviously, he led me to believe that i wouldn't find a better deal anywhere else (particulary at MCC) ...

i'm still pursuing that one used one, but wanted ideas on what you guys thought about that price???

....so friggin close ;)

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Just as an FYI, but I got my new 03 M800S last year for the same price out the door at MCC as you'll be getting yours, effectively for $8,600. Plus, the guys hooked me up with some equipment at a pretty good discount (30% off). You might want to wander over there, if you haven't already, and see what Greg and Jeff (at MCC) have to say. Great guys, and they'll remember you every time you come back. Great service too.

But about the bikes. If you can swing it, the 800 has got some nice upgrades from the 750 if you look at the spec sheet. But with your savings, you could nicely mod that 750 for the same price as the 800 new. All up to you!

Good luck!

John

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Oh yeah, something else to consider. If MCC does come back with a little higher price (say, $100 - $300 more), you might want to still go with them simply because if you buy from them, they'll remember that and go the extra mile for you. I'm not saying they won't help you out if you go there for service after having bought from CCC, they will, but any intangibles you can get are always nice. Anyway, just my opinion. I've blabbed on enough already.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah. thanks for the input!

i still have yet to wander in MCC, but for sure will if i'm buying new... i definetely would appreciate the little things like that as well...

thanks!

·
Registered
133 Posts
This is just an opinion, but, put the GS up on ebay, with a buy it now price of 2k, sell it and take the cash to whom ever your going to buy the bike from, and work the deal then, ask the sales guy at ccc what extras hes giving you(usually 200-300 in merchendise credit) than buy it, be prepared to buy it the day you walk in(i find that if you have cash there willing to go a little lower on the price)
If you buy new, you know where the bikes been, and you get a warrenty, if you buy used make sure you get a good bike, or know what your getting into, either way, the 800 is a great bike, good luck and dont feel bad about posting questions, thats the only way you will get answers
later
Roger

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Roger: good tip dude. yeah. im thinking about putting it on cycletrader as well as ebay. however, my little bro tried to start my bike the other day, and it wouldnt...its prolly just the battery...so, i have to get that fixed before i should post, eh? :p

and Jason: heh. so i've heard. if i buy used whats the battery brand that comes stock so i know to swap it out that same day?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Yes, definitely definitely make sure the bike starts. I went to check out a bike with a buddy of mine this winter. We drove 50 miles to this guys house and his bike wouldn't start. Pissed me off, I was ready to knock him out. So I offered him 500 for his bike. His response, "I swear it starts, this thing is worth at least 3500". I said, "It doesn't start, it's not worth much".

If you live in the city I can toss your battery on my tender and charge it up for you. Takes about 6 - 10 hours for a full charge.

I'm not sure what the standard battery is, but make sure you have a Yuasa.

G

·
rock....what are the specs on ur gs500. might have a friend interested in buying it.

could i get year, miles, picture if u have one. :)

thanks!
val

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
When I was all set to buy my bike last year, I got a price of $6,995 from MCC and $5,995 from CCC. Well any dummy can do the math and figure that a difference of $1,000 is a deal. Then I told both dealers that I needed faxed over copies of what it would take to walk out the door with it, telling them my credit union needed it to approve the loan. Here's the kicker...MCC=$7,948 and CCC=$7,595. Not much of a difference anymore. Especially since I am a helluva lot closer to MCC than CCC, and all the servicing would be done at MCC. So I spent roughly $400 more for convienence and piece of mind. Not to mention, I got some free stuff and discounts on some extras that probably made un the difference. I would get finally OUT THE DOOR prices from both dealers before you make your decision.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey Val...

its a 2001 gs500 with about 1000 miles. garage kept and all that jazz.

minor scratches from the first owner who dropped it once in her driveway standing still, then freaked out about it and sold it to me ...

i dont currently have any pics, but im heading out to my mom's house in schaumburg (where the bike currently is) soon to take some pics and make sure everything is in working order ...

selling for $2,600

thanks!
jeff.

G

·
okay fill me in, what is CCC and MCC. The Ducati dealer that is close to my house is in Villa Park on St. Charles, but to save some money I will travel or even get the bike shipped in.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
MCC is in villa park by you, ccc is chicago cycle center. Cheaper there but don't for any reason bring a Ducati there for service. Oil changes are fine, but if you get a bike we can teach you how to do those yourself.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
As I have typed once before to help clarify the difference in the pricing between MCC and CCC, I will gladly do it again, there is really no BIG savings going to CCC over MCC if you live out by us. CCC wanted $1000 less for an 03 M620 than MCC. But after tax, title, docs, etc it was only a $400 difference. The $400 wasn't a big enough of a difference to make me go all the way downtown, buy a bike that will never see their service dept and drive home from the city with my brand new bike on a trailer (it was early march last year, COLD!). If money is very tight, go with CCC, never hurts to save a couple bucks. I just figured I was already spending $7500, what was $400 more. Just my oponion that's all.

G

·
if I look at a 2004 dark 620 with the single disk brake is that 6995? or is that $6495? Is that what MCC charges? $6495, and how hard is it to come by a dark single disk 5 speed m620 in Chicago?

G

·
I bought my '03 800 from CCC and was happy with the sale, especially after comparing with MCC. 30% OVER COST lifetime savings, and Stu will work with you on the price. He's a straight up dude. I didn't even pay that $400 fee! Tax melted my nutz but that's state government pimpin. ;)

R.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah. Stu is the guy to talk to at CCC.

he helped me when i was looking, but i ended up buying used. but he was very straight-up with me. i've never been to MCC (road trip anyone?) so i have yet to know all those dudes and dudettes, but i hear they're wayyyy more personal than the dudes and dudettes at CCC

word.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
The customer service at MCC is better, much better. But a savings of 400 bucks could be a mod - so it's a tough call. I'd always bring my bike to SBK or MCC for work though. 30% off for life is a very nice perk too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts