Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOKI, TripleDuc, and TripleDuc's wife Val showed me some Texas Hill Country hospitality today!

LOKI took me on a wonderful tour of backroads between Austin & Fredericksburg, and TripleDuc and his wife took all four of us to lunch, after letting us closely examine their Ducs.

Thnaks a bunch all 3 of you. It was a great 200 mile day, and my S4 is now at 451 odometer miles!

TripleDuc and Val, just let me know when I can return the hospitality. Val, your 900 SS is a really sweet looking bike. Loki, you sure are a geography wizard the way you found those unpapped roads!

And Patrick, thanks for meeting me and Loki down at Jo's this morning. I'm still reeling with the idea of you being not only a Ducatisti, but also a bike messenger who uses an honest to goodness TRACK BIKE bicycle every day on Austin's hilly topography. For those of you who don't know bicycles, a track bike has no gears, no brakes, and a straight front sprocket / chain / rear sprocket drive system. Patrick has got to have the strongest legs in the whole World!

The day reinforced for me what I have suspected for a long time: Ducatisti are pretty special people.

Jim G

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Ah, I'm jealous. I'm off to look at pictures of people riding since I can't right now. Thanks a lot.

Glad to hear that you all had a good time.

T

·
0 Posts
Our pleasure!

We are always looking for a reason to ride....lets map out a route and do it again soon.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Ducnhar!

That's my S4 in front and LOKI's 620 right behind it. This little bridge was on a stealth road that was not even on the map. It averaged maybe 18 feet wide, and did a pretty good impression of a roller coaster. LOKI is a far better rider than I am, and was gracious enough to adjust his speed to my capabilities and comfort level!

Jim G

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Whoah Jim- dont sell yourself short. I wasnt going easy to accomodate you! Maybe next time you should lead the way- I was probably the one holding you up :D

I went out for a bit with Patrick yesterday. We hit 2222 and Limecreek. The weather was crap compared to Saturday, but it was still good to get out for a bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts