Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm originally from north jersey but moved to dallas texas 6 yrs ago. I'm ready to move back to the NE and most likely will be working in Wilmington, de. My question is where the heck should i live, i got young kids, so schools are important, and searching the net is not an easy way to find out. i'm willing to do 30-40 mint commute.
any and all suggestions are most certainly welcome.
Rami

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont mind the bars even tho i'm not a drinker, but certainly want a place to go and grab a good bite to eat.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
i'm kind of partial to west chester, pa myself, but i think that puts you a bit out of your range for getting to wilmington. esp with traffic in the morn.

chadd's ford is getting better in regards to places to eat, and i think the schools are pretty decent (anyone who actually has kids instead of just having gone through the school system please chime in)

also some good riding roads out that direction.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I lived in Pennsville NJ (right where the Del Mem Br. lands) for 11 years, it's a great town with low crime and great schools. It's on the small town/rural side of things but it's got a lot of things right in town and is very central to lots of things via 95,295,NJTPK.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's good news Jen, cause i was looking at that town last night and had some good things, but really couldnt get a full picture. There is a toll u gotta pay from jersey to del, right? how much, does any one knows? I'm gonna be flying out there monday and spend tuesday just driving around, maybe hook up with a realtor to show me around.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
It's $3 to De nothing coming back to NJ but if you get EZ pass it's cheaper. I'm 25min East of Pennsville now and off work till the end of the month, if you want me to show you around lemme know.
(btw the screen name is a goof, my wife's name is Jen, I'm Justin)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Justin,
I'd hate to do that to you, i'm hoping i can find a free realtor which might be tough on a short notice.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Definitely a serious, serious problem. [laugh]

sorry Genitalia and anyone else living in Jersey.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
It's all good, I know it's pro's and cons. It's where I call home though, what can I say? Rami, if you're a gun guy, I'd stay in De. If you have some that's easy enough, but if you like to buy handguns often, it's a PITA. All in all it's a nice place to live and you can be on a decent sized piece of property a lot cheaper than you can other places.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
That's what I like about PA. They aren't uptight about the guns (yet). Speaking of guns.....and I know this is off topic.....a small town in Iowa is making a law that all homeowners must have at least one gun for the purpose of warding off unwanted out-of-towners. They said it is mandatory unless you have strong feelings against it.....a small loop hole I guess. The mayor made the law after seeing so many problems from Katrina refugees relocating in the south....not to mention he stated he owns around 30 guns himself. ;)

My kind of town.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
your right about the pros and cons, i lived in jersey for 15 yrs or so before i came to dallas, i dont mind jersey. i remember tho, car insurance was sick up where we live, which i'm not ready to pay that kinda of money especially if i decide to get a nice car or a superbike.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Unionville-Chadds Ford is a good school district and borders West Chester. The furthest point in the school district is only 30-35 min to Wilmington.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts