Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. So, as the title of this thread says, I am thinking about testing the sport bike world. For the last 14 years I have been a cruiser kind of guy. However, I have always loved the Ducs and Aprilias. This past week a deal that seems too good to be true has come my way, a 2005 Ducati Monster S4R. She has 4k miles and the owner's wife wants 4k for it. However, it has not been ridden for more than 5 miles in the last 1.5-2 years. I went to look at it and unfortunately it was so filthy from being outside I could not verify its condition. All I do know is that the peg rubber is falling off and the headlight fairing/windshield is missing. Also the battery is dead so I could not fire her up. Obviously, I will try to trickle charge the battery or install a new one to know how/if she runs. QUESTION> What do I need to look for to see if this is something I want to invest my time, energy and money into? Do Ducatis have "querks" that I should/need to know about? Any help or assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The F.N.G.

·
Super Moderator
3,593 Posts
I put an answer in your other thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts