Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in short: has anyone found a DIY guide for Testastretta valve adjustment, please?

I have a 2007 S4Rs (testastretta engine). I have been doing 2v tuneup on my previous M900 for ten years so I have plenty of experience with desmo. I have read the post about the desmoquattro valve adjustment *but* the testastretta heads are very different.
When I was in Laguna Seca this Summer I talked to one of the head mechanics and he told me you can just remove the 4 bolts that hold the cams in place if you need to replace the shims. Has anyone done it? What special tool do I need, please?

Lastly, I have the Ducati CD with the factory instructions *but* it is awfully hard to navigate and a massive overkill IMHO.

Please share your links/experience. Thanks.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi

I own myself a S4 with is not a testatretta engine. To do my own valve adjustment I bought Lt Snyder's desmoquattro book.

In this book there's a hole chapter on how to adjust the valve and in this chapiter you'll find a section that is speifically designed for testatretta engines.

You can find it here : http://www.desmotimes.com/ under the written and promotional tab.

I used his book (in combination with the workshop manual from Ducati) for a lot of maintenance tasks (valve adjustement, replacing cluth pack, brakes,...) and enjoyed it very much.

Have fun !

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thank you Alex!

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
LT Snyders book is great, it has all the info you need IMO. I've never worked on any ducati and I did my own S4rs valves last winter. Less intimidating than you might think.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Only thing intimidating about an S4RS is the air space that keeps accumulating under the front wheel. If not the last real Monster, certainly the best.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Only thing intimidating about an S4RS is the air space that keeps accumulating under the front wheel. If not the last real Monster, certainly the best.
+1 and the more fixing I do the more it happens..... wierd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts