Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me where I can test drive a Monster 620 i.e. before purchasing? I called Chicago Cycle and they told me that they don't test drive.

Seems that if I'm going to plunk down over 7K, I should at least know what the ride is like.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated. I live in the Burbs (Wheaton) but I'd drive anywhere in Illinois/Wisconsin.

Thanks,
Frank

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Hey Frank,
Goto MCC in Villa Park. They may not have a new M620 to ride but they usually let you ride what they have available. They're might be a used one, I thought they had a used M600. I own a M620 and I love it. I bought it new at MCC. I don't know if you've ever been to MCC, but it is easy to find. If ya need directions, let me know. I live not to far from ya.
Jason

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been there but they don't have any new 620's. They only had the darks (5-speed). They told me that they problably aren't even getting any 2004 620's because Ducati is restructuring.

I didn't even consider asking them for a test drive because it's pretty cold right now and they may not be able to get what I want.

What kind of price did you get for your monster? I talked to Chicago Cycle and they told me that I could get a new 2004 620 i.e. out the door (everything included) for $7,000.

I appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Frank

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
When I was looking for mine, I talked to CCC because they were running ads considerably less than anyone else. I found out through the grape vine that they are just in the buisness to move as many bikes as they can. They gave me a price of around $7300 and MCC was $7800. I spent the extra $500 at MCC because I knew that's where my bike would be going for service and I wanted to build a good relationship with them. If saving money is your big concern, then you could buy from CCC but they only thing I ever heard good come out of there is they give Ruben 30% off some of the things he buys there. That's odd MCC said they wouldn't get any 04 620's. I was just in the other day and looking at the Matrix 998 and they told me they ordered one of the Matrix M620's. The only real difference between the 03 & 04's is the extra gear on the 04's. I would've liked the 6 speed, but the 5 is fine to me. I'm sure if you really wanted to buy from them, they'd get you what you want.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Gregg told me to contact him in Feb. and try to meet him at the cycle show. At that time he said he may know more.

Thanks for your feedback. I guess I'll wait until spring and see if MCC will let me test drive one before purchasing one. Does Palatine offer any test drives?

Thanks
Frank

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
The guys in palaitne aren't that friendly. If they know you they may let you test drive. Best people to deal with are those at MCC. For best price go to CCC and then have all the work done at pro-italia or MCC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts