Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had carbon termis installed on the 1100 for 1 month now. Bike is pretty much stock except for the termis....

Perhaps a stoopid question...but when the bike is on the stand and i start the engine, the left side termi seems to emit much hotter exhaust gas than the right side termi. I can put my hand fully against right side termi hole and its just warm, but left hand is damn hot...can't hold my hand there for second.

Is this normal and just part of the physical layout of the exhaust tubes...or something wrong with my termis or setup?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'd be interested in a response from someone with experience in this. I have stacked cans on an S2R 1000, and in terms of exhaust gas volume / heat, they both seem very similar. However, I've seen lots of bikes with the stacked Termi cans, and I've noticed that the upper can usually shows more heat discoloration and often has more soot on the inside of the exhaust tips when compared to the lower can. Is there a reason why the Termi systems might not be as balanced as the stock?

·
Registered
79 Posts
It's "normal" as in it happens with all of the bikes, not just yours. It is definitely caused by the exhaust pipe layout; more gas (and heat) flows out of the left. As far as I know it doesn't hurt anything or cause any problems.

It has nothing to do with Termi vs. Stock cans, it's the way the exhaust flow is getting to the cans. My M1100 does it, and my M696 did the same thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts