Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that a lot of people are installing Termi's on pretty new bikes, before the break in period was done. I have an 2009 1100 with just two hundred miles on it. I would really like to install the Termi's both for looks and to smooth out the roughness of the bike due to it running quite lean from the factory. When I called up a place to have the exhaust (slip-on, air filter, and ecu) installed, they mentioned that they do dyno runs before and after. I also read on the forum that it is advised to do a dyno run after installation for some sort of calibration. I am not sure why, I would have thought that the ECU that comes with the kit would not need to be calibrated. Running the bike on a dyno doesn't seem to be such a great idea before the break in period is over, 2000km. Are the dyno runs really recommended and are there any drawback to installing the new exhaust on a bike before it is broken in?

·
Registered
15 Posts
i had the termis done at 800km by the Ducati dealer. They did dyno it after the install. Best thing i ever did. Got rid of that roughness at low speed...now it's smooth all through the range..perhaps still a little rough under 3k revs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts