Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys! New to this thread and I’m hoping someone can help with my queries.

I have a 2020 M821 Stealth and installed a Termignoni slip-on and an UpMap with the M821 19 D178 SR mapping (free download for first purchase).

I received an email from UpMap.It informing me to unplug the Lambda Sensor Connectors for a 100% performance.

My Ducati service center did the unplugging for me but I still noticed that the rpm on idle goes up and down and still has a very minimal backfire when running. The idle rpm goes from 1,200 to 1,400 and sometimes drops to 1,000rpm.

I also noticed that my exhaust manifold on the rear cylinder still glows red when running on idle rpm. Is this normal and wouldn’t it damage the exhaust valves/engine?

Did you guys disabled the servo exhaust valves after installing Termignoni slip-on and UpMap?

ao many questions but I hope someone can help me with these things.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have a 2015 so I'm not sure what difference in any timing was done...there should be a sticker on the frame that describes it...something like 5°BTDC blah blah...if you could snap a pic I could compare.... disconnecting the exhaust flap at the midpipe might all you need to do...it does wonders to the exhaust note and will not trap the gasses which is most likely the root cause....also when you say idle for a long period...what time interval are we looking at?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2015 so I'm not sure what difference in any timing was done...there should be a sticker on the frame that describes it...something like 5°BTDC blah blah...if you could snap a pic I could compare.... disconnecting the exhaust flap at the midpipe might all you need to do...it does wonders to the exhaust note and will not trap the gasses which is most likely the root cause....also when you say idle for a long period...what time interval are we looking at?
Hi, I will have the exhaust valves servo disconnected but Ducati technician said it has no bearing since the UpMap has already disabled its funtion. The rpm up and down behavior is after the bike warmed up for like 2-3mins. The rpm goes from about 1,200 to 1,600 for about 2seconds then drops back to 1,200. It goes on that cycle while throttle is on idle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also found out that my slip-on came from a 2018 M821 after checking the part number online. Since I’m using a 2019-2021 UpMap T800 Mapping for a D178 Termignoni Race Slip-On, could this be the cause of the issue? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Technically speaking the 2015-2020 engine is the same...just some electronic intervention keeping the emissions down and bolt locations...the year the exhaust was made has more to do with how it's bolted on...they are all essentially straight pipes...now the exhaust flap...the ECU just changes the engine map...I don't believe it's clever enough to disable anything...I could be wrong...but if you turn the key on and still hear the valve cycle..it's not disabled...either way it's simple enough to unhook...the surging is normal...just trying to find perfection amid a warming engine

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Technically speaking the 2015-2020 engine is the same...just some electronic intervention keeping the emissions down and bolt locations...the year the exhaust was made has more to do with how it's bolted on...they are all essentially straight pipes...now the exhaust flap...the ECU just changes the engine map...I don't believe it's clever enough to disable anything...I could be wrong...but if you turn the key on and still hear the valve cycle..it's not disabled...either way it's simple enough to unhook...the surging is normal...just trying to find perfection amid a warming engine
Thanks, mate. Yeah, the servo no longer engages when the ignition is being turned on. That’s what my Ducati technician also told me just now. I’m at the Ducati Service now having my rear brake light pedal bolt replaced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts