Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am just trying to see if anyone has had any issues like this. I placed an order for the Termignoni sport pack kit back in Dec of 2003 for my S4R. Needless to say, it is getting close to March and the excuses keep rolling in. The original promise was something like, "I have word from Termignoni and it seems that the parts are ready for shipping but have not been cleared for distribution. It looks like they will be shipping in about 2 weeks." That hasnt happened and every week I check in to get an update. I trust the shopowner with all my heart and I really feel bad for the guy because he has come through time and time again no matter what I ask for.

I am just trying to figure out if anyone has any experience with Termignoni and this little game that they are playing?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
What I have been told by 2 dealers and DNA is that the S4R exhaust hasn't even been fabricated yet for manufacture. Might want to check on that.

·
Registered
445 Posts
It took forever for the S4 systems to roll in also. I was told by the dealer that they'll put together the catalog of goodies way before the stuff is actually in production! I bought my S4 in March of '02 and got one of the first slip-on kits that the dealer had recieved, period. I only had to wait two weeks; I suppose the peeps who bought '01 bikes had been waiting since they bought. You might be in for a good wait. There's always the Arrow system, or maybe Akropovic makes a system? But I feel you on the Termi stuff; it's worth the wait.

·
Registered
413 Posts
LitreLeaner-- I was in the same boat as you, I payed for and ordered the Termis in Oct when I bought my S4R. Since they still haven't come in, I decided to switch to the Ferracci full system with the PCIII and airfilter. It seems like a better system (no cat !) , but only come in the over/under configuration.
They have allready shipped and I should get them soon.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My experience and that of several members of my local club is that any new product from Termi is that you will wait forever and you will get no end of creative excuses. Go with the FBF full system, it will be better quality too. ;)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the input, I received word today that the Term system is still not shipping and they can give no date on when it might start :eek:

Anyway, I have the FBF system on my Fiances monster and it sounds great, my dealer/friend has found a full Arrow Carbon system for $1200 and is suggesting that I go that route. They said it can be at the shop by the weekend and I DO NOT need to add a PCIII or an Airbox Mod unless I want to. (considering I have already shelled out $1452.00 for the Term system I am pretty much tapped for the moment).

Any input NEG/POS on the Arrow full system? I have searched and found some pictures with comments but felt like asking again to see if anyone has any fresh input on the subject.

Thanks for all the input and comments.

Liter

·
Registered
445 Posts
A buddy of mine has the full Arrow system on his S4R. It sounds good; it's a barkier sound than the Termis but it still has a good deep note too. It's a good looking system, with the muffler end caps flush on the end, like a dirt bike setup. There was an issue getting the system to seal properly, which he did finally work out.

I have an FBF system on my Husqvarna. It's a re-branded Pro Circuit system and the quality is less than stellar. I doubt their S4R system is Pro Circuit, but it may not be made in-house at FBF. A little research may be in order. I have found that the Termi systems are really good quality.

·
Registered
413 Posts
The FBF system for the S4R is a re-badged Sil. Supposedly dynos at 125 rwhp.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, the Term order is now cancelled and I have a full Arrow Carbon system that is supposed to be here by the weekend. I am holding out till FIM gets the mapping for their computer until I upgrade and see how much I can really put out. I was informed that because of the Temp/Altitude here in Florida that I would need nothing more than maybe adjusting the CO to make sure everything runs fine. I can't wait, I can't wait..... ;D

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Wow, those sound awesome! You need to hold the throttle open for longer to REALLY hear the roar...Nice pipes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts