Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 days ago i realized that the damaged area of the left carbon muffler is the result of the contact between the rear axle's nut and the muffler (when having a passenger or pass through a ditch). Unfortunately i also learned that my termis had only 6 months guarantee and i have them for 1 year.

If only i knew.....

I've also seen this happen on a friend's black 620 and today, along with dimk(member of the DML) realized that his left exhaust would have hit, but his aluminum swingarm (he has the 620 capirex) doesn't have a nut on the left side of his axle. I've talked to my mechanic/dealer and he also told me that he has seen at least 2 other monsters with the same problem regarding the termis (he said: the termis are very much angled designed for extra ground clearance and this nuts happens to all the monsters).

Well today i went for a ride and when i went back home, i saw that my left termi had a really huge hole from this contact.

Now is it normal that i paid 1200 euros for the complete kit and i'm facing such problems? I'm really pissed off because i've tried to bend (and did bend without any result) the exhaust bracket, but the exhaust's angle is so big that it pushes the whole peg set inwards.

If only i had seen this earlier....

Bump.

:mad:

:mad:

·
Registered
665 Posts
I hate to hear about you getting screwed over, brother. However, it's cool of you to let the rest of us know that we might have a potential problem.

Hope someone pulls a rabbit out of their hat for you, man! Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
that sucks, man :-\... although, metal cans, or high mounts would solve that problem ;)

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, it was there before. I'm sure about that. The lowside only scratched one of the rivets.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
are you sure?

I smacked a traffic cone hard enough to bend the billet shift lever on my rearset... a lowside could certainly move a hanger by 1cm

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
I just wrote something pretty sarcastic,
but, I'll change it to:

My right termi moved inboard a lot when I low sided,
dented the side of the pipe.
When I bought my termis I didn't buy extended coverage,
because there's really only 2 ways to hurt a pipe that I could think of:
install them wrong,
or
crash on them.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Statler said:
I hope there's an easy fix for you, but I think the Termis = crap thread title is a bit ballsy given the crash.
Ageed!! In fact I have the full Termi kit on my S4Rs and think they're terrific. Makes the bike!!!! And fwiw, my termis have a two year bumper to bumper warranty because I purchased and had them installed by a factory authorized Ducati Dealer. If you do the install yourself, I'm told you void the warranty.

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
I've got low mount aluminum termis on my 620. I've never laid it down. I noticed scatches on the in-side of the pipes near where the axle bolt is. Then, I had my suspension set up. Termi = NOT crap... Stock Sachs rear setup = crap. I'm a little over 180 lbs in my gear. If you carry a passenger or hit some good bumps with the stock setup, you're bound to scrape/crush/bend something. I'm just glad I bought the aluminum cans instead of the carbon.

Put a piece of muffler tape over the hole (shouldn't be too noticeable), and get your suspension set up. That should solve the problem. Or add some spacers on the exhaust hangers.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I just noticed the scratches on the inside of my new Termis that I got put in less than a month ago. At first I thought I hit the exhaust with the rear brake mount but then I noticed that they line up with the axle nuts. It's true that the standard setup of lowmount Termis will hit the axle nuts if you're suspension is not setup properly. I think you should be able to bend the bracket or add some spacers that prevent this from happening. Adjusting the suspension isn't a great option for me since I'm barely touching the floor as it is and often switch between single and double up. I still don't think Termis are crap though and agree that it's probably a poor title for this thread but there is a potential problem if you're setup isn't right.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts