Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Besides what the ever-helpful and infallible zarn02 has to say - one of the qualitative differences is that Remus are actually considerred to be louder. In fact I just got a used set of Remus highpipes off of ebay. [thumbsup] I think I will not regret the buy. I do regret accidentally charging it to my bank account and not my cc. ::) Enjoy the pipes!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have remus revolution high profile pipes and d**n!!! They are LOUD!! Normally when I drive past a local pub (that gets so packed the actual street outside is full aswell) the odd person takes a glance at my bike. NOW with the remus pipes virtually everyone turned and looked at it and several looked very impressed.

Im telling you mate Remus cans are excellent!! I gained better acceleration and went from 200kmph max speed to 210-215kmph. Termi are nice but personally the Remus cans are the sh*t for me mate [thumbsup]

Stick with the Remus, you wont be disapointed. Besides.. about the browning... polish your pipes on a regular basis and no problem :)

Edit:
Here is a pic of my Remus cans :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
The pipes I bought have added acceleration and torque and also given me a faster top speed. Mine deffinately aint stock. The neighbours have allready complained [laugh]

I love how in subsequent posts, the word sh*t can be both negative and positive.
[laugh] is that a UK term? "sh*t hot" or "they are the sh*t"? yeh like... if you say "Bollocks" then its bad BUT "dogs bollocks" are good [laugh] english language... gota love it [laugh]

You wana watch the "51st state" its a great movie and has alot of similar satements that the english guys say and confuse the american :)

·
Registered
13,974 Posts
remus ducati performance silpons are quieter than aftermarket non-DP remus cans. Neither are louder than termis, I dont understand where that came from. Termis are the loudest, but as my DP remus get older and more heat-packed they're getting a nicer, deeper tone to them. personally, i think termis sound better out of the box. they have a more "blatty" off-idle sound which to me sounds very unique (save for the fact that Sils sound like this too).

quality differences on all three are negligible.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I think that my Remus are a tad bit quieter than the Termis I've heard. That said, I like 'em alot except for their mounting position. Remus mount about 3 inches too low for my taste. I do occasionally set off car alarms and send suburban moms running for cover (not bad for a little 620). I don't think that you'll be disappointed in the Remus. And mine are 3 years old CF with no yellowing or browning yet. Like Ash said, there are pretty negligible differences in quality between the two. IMO the differences are mainly aesthetic.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Its strange that people think Termi are quieter than Termis :-\

I was at some traffic lights and a ducati S2R pulled up beside me that had Termi's on it. He started reving his engine and so did I, he actually turned and looked at me nodding to show he was impressed. My exhausts were obviously louder than his, there was no question about that. Perhaps its because I have taken the silencer/muffler/DB Killer part out of my cans *shrugs*

Edit:
I have just put the DBKillers back into my bikes cans.. its made one hell of a difference!! It is alot quiter now... not too keen on it now.. but without them was actually giving me ear ache!! So its best to leave those in I think.

And like above, without them I have actually set a few car alarms off ROFL that was funny LOL but a bad thing was little dogs usually ran out infront of me barking at me... I have almost hit several dogs, cats are smart enough to run, but dogs??? So having the DBKillers back in is my best option.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Ok just to put this in perspective...

I'm getting a set of high-mount carbon Remus this week. I am replaceing my fully stock (stock motor, airfilter, pipe/cans) from my 05 620. I will record under same conditions and setup both the full stock set up and the addition of just the Remus pipes. Then I'll post the audio files (somehow).

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
chipazzo said:
Ok just to put this in perspective...

I'm getting a set of high-mount carbon Remus this week. I am replaceing my fully stock (stock motor, airfilter, pipe/cans) from my 05 620. I will record under same conditions and setup both the full stock set up and the addition of just the Remus pipes. Then I'll post the audio files (somehow).
Cool. I'd like to see the difference in the same controlled environment. You could also look here for comparison:

http://sites.rapidus.net/sebmorin/m620.htm

These clips show more the tone than the dbs. "Louder" is kinda subjective on recording equipment, location and direction of sound, and a person's perception of it. I think it's hard to make a deep rumbly exhaust sound as loud as something like a 2-stroke exhaust, even though the dbs may be the same. I based my statement that my Remus appear quieter than Termis on my personal perception. I think in reality they are pretty close in "loudness" but are different in tone. My Remus seem to me to be more of a deep rumble, while Termis seem more concussive (like they're wrapped tighter or something).

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Manny said:
I based my statement that my Remus appear quieter than Termis on my personal perception. I think in reality they are pretty close in "loudness" but are different in tone. My Remus seem to me to be more of a deep rumble, while Termis seem more concussive (like they're wrapped tighter or something).
Intersting. turns out we have a dohicky here that acually measures dB. I'll grab it and take notes!

·
Registered
28 Posts
my dp remus are alot throatier and louder than any termi's on a monster i've come accross. especially on blipped engine braking. love the sound. doesn't mean i respect termi's any less or that somewhere there may be louder termi's, but i'm with the scotsman here.

Long live Jackie Stewart!

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
I've had a couple sets of Remus pipes on two different bikes and LOVED them. Sound is unbelievable, finish always perfect and they never faded, browned or displayed any problems whatsoever. Great pipes. I run Arrow's now and I love them too but if they'd made Remus pipes for my bike at the time I bought it, I probabaly would have had a difficult decision deciding which to get. Bottom line, don't fret getting the Remus pipes, you did good...

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
chipazzo said:
Intersting. turns out we have a dohicky here that acually measures dB. I'll grab it and take notes!
Let us know the results. I'm actually really interested to know.

So my gf and I were out on our bikes running errands yesterday. She usually leads as her bike is slower and she is less experienced, but suddenly I got a bit of an adrenaline/testosterone surge and put the hammer down a little. I went into a tunnel and as I was exiting my gf entered the tunnel behind me. She said when we got home that the tunnel was filled with the most amazing sound that she actually wanted me to buy a new bike and give her mine. >:D And she has a really cool classic Honda CB400F (1976, cherry red). [thumbsup] So Remus cans are ok, I guess. [laugh]

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
r8pistol said:
I've had a couple sets of Remus pipes on two different bikes and LOVED them. Sound is unbelievable, finish always perfect and they never faded, browned or displayed any problems whatsoever. Great pipes. I run Arrow's now and I love them too but if they'd made Remus pipes for my bike at the time I bought it, I probabaly would have had a difficult decision deciding which to get. Bottom line, don't fret getting the Remus pipes, you did good...
Yeah, we ordered in some Remus slip-ons and accidentally got in their S*R GP 50mm full system. Wow. Matt/mnenomic/my web guy and I are kinda fighting over it... :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.