Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations? im debating wether to go with slip-ons or the full exhaust? also what do you guys think of bar end mirrors? Is it personal preference?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Since the 696 doesn't have that flapper thingy, there's really no reason to go with the full exhaust.

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
I hate bar end mirrors. They stick out and hit things. I've got a M750 right now that the previous owner put 2 on. The one on the clutch side actually prevents the lever from pulling all the way back. It can be frustrating when you are concentrating on riding and your clutch does not feel right. The one on the throttle side, oh you should be able to see this coming, actually holds the throttle open like a cruise control. I have to manually close the throttle. Not good if something suddenly goes wrong and you need to slow down. I removed the throttle side right away. The clutch side is coming off very soon.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I like my bar end mirrors. I find them functional and they have not interfered with anything. However, you might experience increased hand vibration (and numbness) because you have to remove the bar end weights if you want the mirrors.

'06 S2R1000

·
Registered
79 Posts
I like my bar end mirrors. I find them functional and they have not interfered with anything. However, you might experience increased hand vibration (and numbness) because you have to remove the bar end weights if you want the mirrors.

'06 S2R1000
same here,
i bought the arrow shaped crg bar end mirrors.
they look great!
way better than the stock mickey mouse ears
yes the bike is wider and i dont take as many risks by dodging between traffic but i think thats a good thing.

·
Registered
215 Posts
i don't mind my bar ends mirrors, but i never rely on mirrors on lane changing. i just have some cheap bicycle bar end mirrors. $10-$20 each and are folding and don't fold while riding.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have a 09 696..The first thing to go were those god-awful stock mirrors.Rizoma bar ends look way better. Don't drop over a grand on termis if the only thing you want is better/louder sounds. I spent 415$ (shipped) on leo vince gp evo II's. Put on a tail chop kit and a dp seat and ride the piss out of it. Spend the money saved by nixxing the termis on fresh rubber.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the opinions guys. I think im just gonna go without mirrors, cuz majority of the time i dont use them anyway. lol. As for the termi's looks like slip-ons win. I really cant stand the sound of the stock exhaust and i heard the termi's before and i like the sound of that much better. Guess i gotta shop around for some termi slip-ons>

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
I installed Rizoma bar ends, and bar-end mirrors on my S4RS, and can see behind much better, because they don't vibrate like the stock ones. The combined weight of new bar ends and mirrors cancels excess vibration, but the RS has tapered bars, so maybe that helps, as well. The person who mentioned accelerator binding and clutch lever interference could probably solve those problems with a quick adjustment. The clutch lever problem took me by surprise on my first test ride, but two allen screws and a twist of the wrist took care of it.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
There are several U.S. suppliers of Rizoma. I have my favorites, but all have been good to deal with. Rizoma's own website is funky, but fun. Great components. I got their rearsets, too, and they're as beautiful as the Campagnolo bits on my De Rosa. Pricey, but what the hell.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have a 09 696..The first thing to go were those god-awful stock mirrors.Rizoma bar ends look way better. Don't drop over a grand on termis if the only thing you want is better/louder sounds. I spent 415$ (shipped) on leo vince gp evo II's. Put on a tail chop kit and a dp seat and ride the piss out of it. Spend the money saved by nixxing the termis on fresh rubber.
Can we get a pic and sound clip of your ride with the Leo Vance GPs. Did you change out the ECU or Filter? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Actually, although the Termi system does smooth out the bike, the main thing it does is make more noise. It doesn't make any real power (2 or 3 hp in the midrange)

I have dyno results of a stock 696, a bike with the termi setup and mine with slip ons and a new fuel map. They are all within 1 hp max power. Now, that's not to say that it's a waste of time, because the bike runs much better, it doesn't lug nearly as bad as it used to and it pulls way smoother through the entire band. Just don't fool yourself thinking that you're going to pick up 10 or 20 hp. It ain't gonna happen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts