Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the Termi cans when I bought my S4R one month ago--I just called the dealer and he said that the cans won't be available for at least 2 more months. He seemed to think that this was the case for any S4R owners and for any DP S4R parts. Does any one have any info to refute or substantiate this ?

Thanks,
Dan

G

·
Wouldn't surprise me. The new M1000/800 DP parts are only just showing up .. and they have been out for over a year.

G

·
with the DP cans, you'll be getting a replacement ECU as well which is the advantage of this kit vs. other aftermarket bits. but depending on the cost, why not see if motowheels, motostrano, or spareshack can hook you up with a full system NOW for about the same price as the DP kit? you'll have to plan on getting a powercommander to take care of the mapping, but i'm betting that the S4R will use the same unit as the S4 (i'm betting odds are the S4R uses the same injectors and TPS...)
you'll wind up having to bone up some $$ for mapping work, but i think in the long run, you'll be happier with a full system that has larger diameter headers and gets rid of the "belly" in the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Strati, the full system is looking better and better, but I've heard that the PCIII for the S4R is not out yet (is that right RaceDay ?) which leads me to believe that it must be different than the S4, not sure though. I would defintley go the full system route--I have a PCIII on my Honda 919 and I really like it. I'd spring the $$ to get it dynoed and mapped correctly as well.

G

·
Its not out yet. But they told me they have yet to see an S4R yet. And it may use one of the exsisting kits. THey will know as soon as they can get one for testing.
I had a mishap with my Sr4 today. I went to load it into my storage area. There is a bit of a curb. The exhaust hit the curb and got pulled back. The bike is much louder now. I was going at a walking slash pushing speed. I am sure I can just losen the pipe up and push it back, but it was too hot and I had no tools there. I will try tomorrow.
It makes me wish I had a full system to put on my bike.

G

·
I've heard that the PCIII for the S4R is not out yet (is that right RaceDay ?) which leads me to believe that it must be different than the S4.
it's not released by powercommander yet, but that's likely because they haven't gotten their hands on an s4r for testing yet. i think for them to release the unit, they want to be able to sell it with a couple maps available. if you're gonna get your map built on a dyno anyways, no need to worry about what they put out as long as the hardware works. if the injectors & tps are the same, the hardware applies.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I have an Arrow full system on order. I will see how it works without doing anything else. As rich as it is running right now, I am betting if I don't change the air cleaner it will be fine until I get a PCIII.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
This S4r is sooooo nice! Arrows look better than the termi's.
Rideon

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Arrows look nice but I wish they had a different tip cap. Those exhaust can end remind me of some old super traps or kerkers? But hey what do I know?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts