Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I found a smoking deal on some termi pipes for my 696 without the race ECU, would that be a problem. Would the bike run crappy on the stock ecu?

·
Registered
203 Posts
The bike will run just like any of the other slip ons on the market. The air filter that comes with the DP Termis, which includes the ECU, needs to have the ECU to adjust for increased air flow, which makes the bike run leaner.

Although the bike would benefit for better fuel curves, as the 696 is on the lean side from stock. Changing just the slip ons only opens up that back end. It does not change the air/fuel mixture. You may have some popping when you are off throttle, but it wont be terrible.

I say go ahead and get the pipes. You have the option for the Juice Box by Two Brothers. It is the only thing on the market now that increases fuel and could potentially give better performance. The other aftermarket companies will probably have a solution soon.

What you will gain is a much improved exhaust note. That is the main benefit. You will not gain any power by adding slip ons only.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That helps. By the way. How do you like the evo tech tail tidy? I am debating whether or not it is worth the extra 100 bones to by the ducati tail chop. The evo tech say that there is no modification necessary to the bike, which I dig. Do you have an opinion?

·
Registered
24 Posts
+1. The Evotech is a tidy solution and easy to fit. The finish is great too. It's also made out of nice thick aluminium where the Ducati chop is only plastic. Even my local Ducati dealer likes the Evotech!

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts