how much more trq ?
how much more mpg ?

i have searched for hours can't fine any info

love the termi and the leo vince gp
but the price of the termi i cant justify with out knowing what it gives me

·
Registered
335 Posts
If you want, I can send you a print-out of the dyno run after my 696 had the Termi kit installed. Be sure that I have your normal Email, as I don't have the ability to post images on this forum. [email protected]

·
Registered
232 Posts
I am pretty confident that the termi slip-ons will make the same power or very very close to the same power as any other slip-on exhaust on the market...

What termi's provide that will probably give it more power than the other companies is the new air filter and ECU...

·
Registered
335 Posts
Wow, lots of requests. I can't post any before and after numbers, only the after numbers. I'm a pilot and away on a trip until Fri. As soon as I get home I'll send the printout to IntegraRC and he can post them on the forum. Others I'll email individually. My 696 now has about 7200 miles on it and the termi kit was put on at 2000 miles. Runs great and no problems. I did notice that the bike seems to run much cooler now, but that could be due to simply being fully broken-in.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Just got back in town today and sent the image of the dyno run of my 696 with the Termi kit installed. The kit included a new air filter, engine ECU, and exhaust cans. IntergaRC was sent the image and hopefully, he can post it on the forum, as I do not have image posting rights.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Here's the dyno wmhayes provided.

I'd hate to compare dyno's that were tested at different places, but here's a stock dyno I found. Take it for what it's worth.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just saw this posted on Ducati Indianapolis, so I thought I'd post it here. The biggest change I notice is the increased low end torque.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Man those numbers are dissappointing. You would think that Ducati would've given the 696 a bigger boost, since the 800 is gone. A big jump from the 696 to the 1100, at least torquewise. I guess it makes better economic sense though for them to have entry (696) and then one step up in the 1100. Still dissappointing though.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Anyone have the numbers for the 1100?

I thought at the time of it's release, the 696 had the most powerful engine out of all of Ducati's air cooled bikes? Until the 1100 came around of course.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Anyone have the numbers for the 1100?

I thought at the time of it's release, the 696 had the most powerful engine out of all of Ducati's air cooled bikes? Until the 1100 came around of course.
I think it had the greatest power per liter of Ducati's air cooled bikes.

·
Registered
145 Posts
This thread confirms what I already knew about the termi system....As I said (in my other thread) when we did our dyno testing for the underseat exhaust, the termi, ECU and air filter did not make the most power. I am glad to see someone was willing to print the results with other exhaust vs. the Termi system.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Quit dwelling on power. If I wanted power I would have bought a hyabusa or a triumph rocket. Although not a popular comparison, monsters are a bit like Harleys in that it is the sound, look and feel of the bike that sells not the raw numbers. It is all about passion not performance. Now don't jump all over me, monsters do do a few things rather well but really guys, you know I'm right.;D

·
Registered
145 Posts
The man has a point. When we did our dyno testing it was only a span of 2 hp between all of the exhaust including the Termi system on our test bike. I think everyone is under the impression that an exhaust will turn the bike into a Busa and that is simply not the case. On a normally aspirated engine in a bike the most you will ever gain is 3-5% horsepower in a relatively open exhaust system.

·
Registered
13 Posts
for those that have done the termi-ecu, did you notice improved throttle response and less dips in power/torque? The parts guy I spoke with recently said that was the main benefit as opposed to an outright power increase

·
Registered
17 Posts
for those that have done the termi-ecu, did you notice improved throttle response and less dips in power/torque? The parts guy I spoke with recently said that was the main benefit as opposed to an outright power increase
typically with an increase in hp you will see a decrease in torque as you lose some of the back pressure

·
Registered
192 Posts
With the Termi kit, I noticed that mine (2009 696) starts a lot easier. Typically on the first push of the starter. My roommate's (same bike) takes a few starts and a bit more throttle, to start.

Otherwise, it just sounds sexy. Power wise, It's quite hard to notice the difference between stock and the Termi kit. Now that it's spring in WI, I will try to get on my roommate's bike to compare.

·
Registered
13 Posts
With the Termi kit, I noticed that mine (2009 696) starts a lot easier. Typically on the first push of the starter. My roommate's (same bike) takes a few starts and a bit more throttle, to start.

Otherwise, it just sounds sexy. Power wise, It's quite hard to notice the difference between stock and the Termi kit. Now that it's spring in WI, I will try to get on my roommate's bike to compare.
thanks, good info.
antonio

1 - 20 of 22 Posts