Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who else got the magizine sent to them from Ducati that features the 1098. It was a great acticle had some history lesson in it and even an article on the best mods for a 620 monster, that would apply to most monsters.
I think it was the motorcyclist mag.
I was impressed that ducati went through the effort of getting it out to people, and it was a great marketing tool cause now I really want one.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Nah, I didn't see that yet. I hope it comes tomorrow as I'm laid up for a couple days and can only play so much online poker.

Motorcyclist is usually better than Cycleworld in my experience.

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
read it...

holy shinzel... 160 horseys!?! what 380lbs?!? $13K. those boys are on the attack. that swing arm is sick, have to see it in person to make my final call though

cant wait to see the tricolor

tony, that mag is ducati packed, 1098, 620 mods, classic... i agree, it was nice to see something from them besides the sales receipt

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
tunp said:
it was a great marketing tool cause now I really want one.
...I didn't get one..........but I really.......badly........want.....1098 since last Wendsday, blame Motorcyclist :angel:

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
so i like what is under the fairings so far, but what is the vote on styling...

im really not sure on this one. again id have to see it in person, but this half way return to the 748 front end look has me concerned... its like they went so far past it they went japanese. anyone agree?

the can-nons, and swing are have my attention, but i need convinced

so who is getting the first one for deval?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I've always been a function before fasion kind of guy. I was planning on getting one in the spring, but then the more I think about a M1098 it makes me want to wait. I think a naked bike helps keeps me within sane speeds.

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
Justin Sain said:
I've always been a function before fasion kind of guy.
i call BS.... you have a duc, then mod it to hell and back! yes most are performance enhancements, but you wouldn't have gone duc w/bling if you didn't weigh so heavy on form

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I got the mag the other day in the mail. I was a bit upset about the first paragraph in the 620 article saying it was "To purists, it's a joke, a wannabe Ducati, something newbies and women ride"

:mad:

I am not a woman nor a newbie. F**k them. (no offense to women or newbies btw)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
poolshark2606 said:
I got the mag the other day in the mail. I was a bit upset about the first paragraph in the 620 article saying it was "To purists, it's a joke, a wannabe Ducati, something newbies and women ride"

I thought that was an ignorant statement as well. :-\

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
poolshark2606 said:

I wasn't very impressed w/their mods either for that matter [laugh]

The 620 does get called a girls bike allot - the same thing w/the HD guys for the Sportster 883

Doesn't bother me... I know my bike is more capable than I am [to ride it].

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
kenrok1 said:
I wasn't very impressed w/their mods either for that matter [laugh]

The 620 does get called a girls bike allot - the same thing w/the HD guys for the Sportster 883

Doesn't bother me... I know my bike is more capable than I am [to ride it].
+1

Actually it's kinda irresponsible IMO to make statements like that. I just encourages novices and those new to the sport to buy more bike than they can really handle.

·
Registered
181 Posts
bighoss said:
im really not sure on this one. again id have to see it in person, but this half way return to the 748 front end look has me concerned... its like they went so far past it they went japanese. anyone agree?
+1
to me it looks like a yamaha R1 with heavy 916 influences. I'm thinking its too squinty in the eyes?
While I'm glad to see anything from Ducati that gives a nod to Tamburinis masterpiece it still isn't quite doing it for me.

When I look at the 1098 I think wow thats really cool. When I look at a 916/748/996/998 I think, I want that.
the 748 is actually what made me want to buy a street bike, and is why I own a Ducati today.

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
Mdriver said:
what made me want to buy a street bike, and is why I own a Ducati today.
amen brother... same here.

getting into the 749 was a struggle at first because all sides had me except for the front.

that said, the bullet train look has grown on me and im now quit fond of it.

yeah look at the cbr on this red 1098 comparison... same with cars nowadays- everything looks the same. drives me nuts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts