Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode on 9W today starting at 9:30am, and when I got home around 10:30 it was 39 F (4 C), windchill @ 33 F
It must have been a bit colder when I started riding.

My Rev'It Celcius H2O glove wasn't cutting it. After 20 mins, turned around and came back home :-X
I need to buy some glove liners quick ...

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I went out for a quick ride too, and after about 10 min I got a pain in my throat... forgot the balaclava and my neck was frozen! Also keep an eye out for the leaves people, I almost lost it going like 10 mph.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vindingo said:
I went out for a quick ride too, and after about 10 min I got a pain in my throat... forgot the balaclava and my neck was frozen! Also keep an eye out for the leaves people, I almost lost it going like 10 mph.
Fortunately, I was wearing turtleneck wool baselayers (Patagonia Wool 4). Still waiting for Underarmour balaclava from the mailman.
I just checked Rev'It website, and they have some nice choices.

http://www.revitusa.net/acatalog/Thermal_Wear.html

Anyone have experience with these, or have better recommendations?

And, agree on your point about the leaves :(

BTW, any relation to "Mandingo"? [laugh]

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Riding into the city this morn from home around 8:30 am was a bit chilly but not too bad though considering the way I was dressed - my perfed leather jacket, a tee shirt and my Jett heated vest. Oh and a neck gator too.

I have to say, that vest really is the sh*t.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
goldenchild said:
Riding into the city this morn from home around 8:30 am was a bit chilly but not too bad though considering the way I was dressed - my perfed leather jacket, a tee shirt and my Jett heated vest. Oh and a neck gator too.

I have to say, that vest really is the sh*t.
Let me know much cold or how long a ride you can handle with this vest.
I will need to get one soon or later :(

I found this informative thread on advrider.com
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175232

The inventor of the product actually responded to the questions on that board.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts