Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im curious what the general opinion is on how this guy looks.

Attachments

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
His lower body has good form, his upper body is scared or something. His shoulders aren't straight, his back's not straight. His ass is off the seat but he's actually leaning against the corner. He's low but the bike wouldn't be as low if his form were better. His arms are bent which is good. He looks like he's ready to touch that knee down but has no sliders. He's wearing sneakers but at least he has some upper body protection. He's also on the correct side of the road which isn't always a given at the Dragon.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I've heard that you want to keep your body square to the bike; shoulders, back, hips. And just slide back and forth, over the seat, for each corner. Setting up with just your lower body off the bike sets the balance off. Also it makes it harder to get up and over the bike for the next opposite turning corner. This is because when you hang just your butt down like that you have to pull more with your arms. If you stay square you sort of just squat back and forth, using both your legs and your arms in getting over and making transitions. When you do it this way your legs end up doing a lot of the work.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
EvilSteve said:
His lower body has good form, his upper body is scared or something. His shoulders aren't straight, his back's not straight. His ass is off the seat but he's actually leaning against the corner. He's low but the bike wouldn't be as low if his form were better. His arms are bent which is good. He looks like he's ready to touch that knee down but has no sliders. He's wearing sneakers but at least he has some upper body protection. He's also on the correct side of the road which isn't always a given at the Dragon.
Hmm. Thats what I was thinking.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
He is leaning the bike over more than he needs to be and using his body to counterbalance the opposite direction. He should be at about half that angle with his body in the lean the same as the bike. Scared to commit to the turn, but wants to act like he is leaning and flying into turns comes to mind.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Other than the obvious - that if you're going to be dragging knee you should be wearing something more than jeans - I'd say he should worry less about hanging his butt off and concentrate on hanging his upper body off instead. Plus it looks from the picture like he's stiff-armed. His inside arm looks almost completely straight; it should be bent much more at the elbow (thereby making his upper body lean more, and be closer to the tank).

G

·
His head needs to be above or right where his left mirror is and he needs to lead with his left shoulder and elbow...like an offensive linemen plowing through defense. Upper torso should be right above the tank. Back needs to be parallel with his bike's lean angle. He can also hang off just a tad bit more. But most of all...he needs to take that **** to the track with full gear on. I'm guilty of doing this but at least I look a lot better and I'm dressed for any miscalculated aftermath. ;D If you're going to do something illegal, do it properly and with conviction. :police:

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
eRacer777 said:
If you're going to do something illegal, do it properly and with conviction. :police:
[laugh] [clap] [laugh] [clap]
Good one! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
103 Posts
eRacer777 said:
His head needs to be above or right where his left mirror is and he needs to lead with his left shoulder and elbow...like an offensive linemen plowing through defense. Upper torso should be right above the tank. Back needs to be parallel with his bike's lean angle. He can also hang off just a tad bit more. But most of all...he needs to take that nuts to the track with full gear on. I'm guilty of doing this but at least I look a lot better and I'm dressed for any miscalculated aftermath. ;D If you're going to do something illegal, do it properly and with conviction. :police:

wow. you, my friend, have been sig-a-fied......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts