Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
2,442 Posts
bobspapa said:
This one is a good book to read too! A very very successful friend of mine recommended it:
Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make Competition Irrelevant: Books: W.
http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Ocean-Strategy-Uncontested-Competition/dp/1591396190/sr=1-1/qid=1163043923/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-3716015-8213654?ie=UTF8&s=books

Not a step by step type book, but it does give you a different perspective on things.
[thumbsup]

· Premium Member
2,442 Posts
Count Desmo said:
Thank you all for the valuable and well thought responses. I realize this won't be easy but it's something I want to take a serious look at.

Please keep the advice coming.
I either read or saw something on TV once about a dealership that had a very different approach. I will try to look around my old motorcycle mags for the article, but basically they were very successful by re-thinking the idea of a dealership. I think they turned the place into a really fun place to hangout for the weekends. People would come by & check out the bikes like it was the thing to do. I don't recall if they served drinks or something there or what else they exactly did, but it did not fit the mold of a traditional dealership.

I also saw an episode on TV once about this HUMOUNGOUS Harley-Davidson store somewhere in the midwest. People would come from all parts of the country to visit it.

I do think that both places catered to the Cruiser Bike crowd.

Oh well, hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.