Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically the Lightning and Prowler jackets, but an overall impression of the company's quality would be great as well, thanks.

H

·
0 Posts
Along the same lines as Joe Rocket, Iicon, First Gear. Decent stuff for the money, Check Ebay first, You may be able to find better for the same money.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Herb; any idea of stitch quality/leather durability? I don't really know much about gear as I'm a newbie, so I can't compare to those other brands :'(. I found the Lightning jacket for half retail, but am wary of the build quality (because I'm paranoid like that)...I can't find reviews anywhere.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have two teknic jackets, the lightning and supervent. I haven't crash tested either but both seem very well made. The lightning seems like it would hold up as well as any jacket i've tried, but could probably use an armor upgrade. If i remember correctly, it didn't come with a back protector.

Also, if you're getting the lightning in black... be aware that the stitching is white. I ordered mine after trying on a grey one, from the picture I couldn't tell that it had white stitching. That would be my only complaint with the jacket.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Magoo, thanks for the info. I was looking at newenough.com, and noticed the white contrast stitching on the black model...I kind of think it's hot, like Hellraiser sexy. I like the blue/white too, but I'm planning on getting a Dark, so uhhh...yeah you know. Anyway, thanks for the review, I think I'll go for the black Lightning:)

D

·
0 Posts
Got a technic jacket. Only motorcycle jacket i have ever had, but I like it. One comment, What ever jacket you buy, try to get snaps on the neck strap instead of velcro.

The velcro scratches my neck up. Not a real problem, but annoying...but barely enough to complain about.

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts