Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys know of classes being offered (hopefully group sessions) that teaches you the general mechanics of how to repair a bike. Not so much as repair, but simple stuff from changing plugs, lines, lubing and changing chains, battery up keep, oil / filter changes simple to intermediate stuff like that? Not looking into See it with CiT junk where I've to sit in class for two years and repeat my college experience again.

Or any of you guys wanna invite me over when you guys are working on some minor stuff so I can watch and learn [laugh] I'll take you out to a good dinner [thumbsup]

Maybe someone that loves to work on bikes should start some type of class like that and noobs like me that wish to get their hands dirty and know more about their bikes can jump in. I know I'm willing to pay just to know more about my bike and be able to maintain it better. Besides saving in the long run, I also know that I did change the oil and adjusted the chains instead of just seeing it on paper with a price to the right column and not sure what to look for ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45,105 Posts
As for classes, I have no idea, but I think you're on the right track with jumping in when some of these folks are wrenching...
Speeddog did a great and generous wrenching day in Venice last year...

Suggest you hit the FAQ section of the board too...there are some basic basics in there regarding oil change, chain wear and care, etc.

Ciao!

Joe
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
joekarati said:
As for classes, I have no idea, but I think you're on the right track with jumping in when soem of these folks are wrenching...
Speeddog did a great and generous wrenching day in Venice last year...

Suggest you hit the FAQ section of the board too...there are some basic basics in there regarding oil change, chain wear and care, etc.

Ciao!

Joe
Yeah, I already have around 200+ pages of pictures and instructions printed out both from manual and FAQ section. I'll probably pass the test if it was written. But I was looking for hands on where I can see what it is before toying with my own bike :p I'll check around to see if people are offering classes. Too bad none of my neighbors ride bikes. I see a group of lil kiddos and their daddies look at me everytime I warn up my bike for a short ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,334 Posts
In the past this has been known as a "Tech Day" They are very infomative and you can really get a lot out of them. It is also a good way just to meet some people and bs :)

It is about time we had another tech day though it is more likely to happen in the spring when everybody prepares for serious riding again.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MetalDuc said:
In the past this has been known as a "Tech Day" They are very infomative and you can really get a lot out of them. It is also a good way just to meet some people and bs :)

It is about time we had another tech day though it is more likely to happen in the spring when everybody prepares for serious riding again.
It's CA... there's no spring / summer / winter / or fall :( I guess I'll wait a few more month [laugh] In the meantime, gonna bug some techs when I bring my bike to service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,334 Posts
Vicynax said:
It's CA... there's no spring / summer / winter / or fall :( I guess I'll wait a few more month [laugh] In the meantime, gonna bug some techs when I bring my bike to service.
I agree that is why I said when everybody prepares for "serious riding" again because around here there really is no need to stop riding. Normally I would have said riding season. There is a definite pick up prior to summer though ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,036 Posts
Not to threadjack here, but i might be into something like this as Lucazuma and I have also secured a site in Covina to have a Dyno day and could also roll in some tech tips and maybe even get someone to do demonstrations (ducman851 feel free to chime in here). Maybe another thread shuld be started or simply re-name this one. Or add a poll and see how many might be interested in this.

Red
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Red Baron said:
Not to threadjack here, but i might be into something like this as Lucazuma and I have also secured a site in Covina to have a Dyno day and could also roll in some tech tips and maybe even get someone to do demonstrations (ducman851 feel free to chime in here). Maybe another thread shuld be started or simply re-name this one. Or add a poll and see how many might be interested in this.

Red
Interested definitely, especially if it's in Covina since it's so close to my house [thumbsup] Go ahead and start another thread. Noobie like me posting doesn't get much attention haha.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top