Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a test ride on a new '06 620 Monster...wow! :eek: I do want one. Anyway, I noticed the oil filter would drop down and have interference with the exhaust pipes. Does the filter clear the pipes, or do you have to take the friggen exhaust pipes off ? ??? I would be doing my own oil filter and changes. I can't believe you'd actually have to remove the exhaust just to change the filter! [cheeky] But man, it looked awfully close. :-\

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have an 05 620 there is no interference, don't know how they changed them on 06, but I just changed mine and had no problems.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:) That is good to know. I doubt there is any difference between an '05 and '06. [thumbsup]
Thanks!

·
Registered
483 Posts
you in Denver area? more than welcome to come take a look at. Got any questions about the 620, I have had mine for a little over a year, my first bike and love every minute of it.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in Parker. Currently looking at a 620 on sale...but thinking I may wait for the 695 with more hp for next year. However, I do notice that the 'new' 695 does not have the 'cafe racer' rear fender cover and they also leave the fairing/windshield off. I really like the look of those two items, and I'm sure I can add them for a few dollars more, which means the 695 is really is more expensive than the $7495 MSRP (same as '06 MSRP) would lead you to believe. Decisions, decisions. ???

·
Registered
483 Posts
Cool I am in Centennial. The extra HP would be nice, but I like the different color frame personally. That was the thing that made me the maddest a year after I buy mine, they up the HP but give a red frame on a black bike. You see I have a thing with red and black, so much so that I powdercoated my wheels red on my Dark. I like the look of the seat crowl. I wasn't too impressed with the practicality of the wind screen, it just kind of flopped around when I test rode the S2r 1000, but it does look cool. But the total nakedness has grown on me. If I was in the market for a 620 or 695, I would get the latter. I like the frame and displacement and you could always find a seat crowl on fleabay. But that is what makes motocycling so great it is a purely personal thing and get the one that moves you more.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the red/black combo offered on the 695, and I may go for that if.......I don't get a red 620. I tried lookin up what the front fairing and 'seat cover' cost on the Ducati website, but it is an 'in store purchase only.' - so they do not have a price...so I figure the 695 is really more expensive considering they leave those two items off the bike...even tho they give you 10 more hp. Honestly, I can do without the hp and figure if I really grow to believe I need the extra hp, I can always sell the 620 an go for the 695 or whatever they will offer in the future. Since this will be a real upgrade for me and it is a Ducati, I am pretty excited...hell, I'd be excited if it was a 500cc Ducati! [thumbsup] But the all red 620 just 'popped'. When I rode it down the street, I actually felt like the whole world was looking at me, saying, "Wow, that is one beautiful motorcycle!" ;)

·
Registered
483 Posts
The whole world was looking at you saying that is one beautiful motorcycle. FYI look to spend around $500 for seat crowl and windshield.

here is package for 695 http://www.advancedmotorsports.com/store/showitem.aspx?pid=1022

To be honest you won't notice the extra 10 HP until you get pretty profient. I probably wouldn't notice it too much execpt maybe in straight line a little more top end. Plus for that $500 you can get K&N and powercommander and get pretty close to that 10 HP once you get some new cans. ;D

Hey we have a great bunch of guys and girls that ride together. You will be joining a great family. Let us know when you get one, which ever it is you won't be disappointed. [thumbsup]

Hey if work anywhere near the Merdian (I25 and E470) give me a shout and we can do lunch.

One last thing just know you better buy the 695 if you plan to out run me, because everyone knows the Dark is the fastest color..... >:D

psicorp out...

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Ducati Seattle quoted me about $170-ish for a regular painted seat cowl, $240-ish for the carbon fibre. Section 8 Superbike has them a little cheaper. You could most likely get a windscreen on e-bay for $70-100. Then you can look for cans (also cheaper on the DML or e-bay), a 14t ($35), and a pc3 (a bit pricey at $300 or so, but worth it). All this little stuff can be done at your fiscal convenience (while you're chopping your airbox >:D ).
After you've done the mods you will have more hp than a stock 620 (nearly what a 695 has, if not more) and you will know alot more about your bike. The learning process to do quality mods is quite valuable. My advice is: get something a little cheaper and mod it. Good luck, have fun.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[thumbsup] [cheeky] ;D :) ;) [laugh] I still can't stop smiling. I went down to the Springs yesterday and bought the 620 Monster! I'm very happy with the guys at Co Springs BMW/Ducati - they gave me a great price on the '06 Monster and of course, they are known to have great Ducati service. I rode it home on Parker Road enjoying the awesome weather and getting the feel of an awesome bike. I could not be happier. Life is good!

It sounds like I made the right decision with the 620, as it has the looks I like and if I want that extra hp, I can upgrade it easily. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you and learning more about these fantastic machines. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
483 Posts
cool we should do a ride tomorrow

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry, I have another obligation tommorrow. But if you're over by Meridian Business Park, you are real close to my neighborhood. I'll send you a personal message. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts