Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of getting my tank re-painted and am wondering about the quality and thickness of tapeworks decals.

I'm doing a matte finish on my tank, and I want the old style font, with the word "monster" underneath it.

Since I'm not "glossing over" the decals I would like it to be as THIN as possible. Any tips?

·
Registered
403 Posts
You can go to a sign shop and use a very thin vinyl...you will have to give them the artwork though.
Try and use 3m vinyl, it is for sure the best. If you do not clear coat over them you have to be very careful when your cleaning the bike or using say like a magnetic tank bag that hangs down the side of the tank.
You can buy this stuff from a sign shop/distributor that is a clear sealer used specifically for the edges of vinyl or gold leaf. If your interested I can get the name of the stuff, I can't think of it off the top of my head.
The other advantage of the sign shop is a wide choice of colors. I was able to match the crazy red on the wheels of my S4 for some lettering.

gator

S

·
0 Posts
I would love the name of the material and how much does it run to have it done? Most places have minimums and that can be a deal breaker. TIA

·
Registered
783 Posts
I had the same problem with my dark. Try www.sakarigraphics.com , I've bought all kinds of really thin stickers from them for my cars as well as mu Duc. They are a small company and can make almost any sticker. Talk to Sung.

S

·
0 Posts
Hey thanks Hanjin, I just ordered a few sizes. Do you know if it is an exact copy of one of the Duck fonts, and can you clear coat over them?
Thanks

·
Registered
783 Posts
I think it is. If not It's really damm close. I've never had an original to compare side by side, but I've been happy with the look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts