Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a tank that I repaired for someone & due to some computer problems (& my own incompetence), I don't know whose's it is. Please PM me so I can get it in the mail to you before I leave for Daytona.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Norm if it was already paid for you can send it to me ;D if not please disregard ::)

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Hey my hagar the horrible face came back on the previous post. the board is healing :)

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anything with a gas tank - you break it, I fix it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey Norm... what can you do about a weeping carbon tank? ???

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only carbon tanks that I've done were for race bikes & therefore painted. I just ground the area around the leak, let it dry, & filled it with an epoxy putty. Then just sand & repaint. I did coat the inside of a carbon tank, many years ago, with a home brew of resin & filler & that worked great, but you'd have to make sure that your carbon doesn't have any internal coating on it. The race bike tanks I work with have a foam, anti splash stuff inside, so I've never been able to do a coating on those. If you have the exposed carbon weave, & want it to look the same, you're on your own!

O

·
0 Posts
If I send you pics of a dented tank I need repaired and painted, can you give me an estimate of how much it will cost to fix? Where are you located?

Omar

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
POR-15 is the best stuff I've found for coating the inside of gas tanks, but for reasons I don't understand, they don't recommend using it on carbon tanks. I'm not familiar with the link above, but I'll get some to try out.
I didn't mean to turn this into an advertisment, but since you asked, no pics neccessary, I charge a flat fee of $200 for which I pull any dents, weld and/or braze any areas that need it, fair, prime, & sand the tank to 400 wet so it is ready for paint. I don't paint anymore because I have Hep-C, but I get it so all you have to do is spray.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Norm so you work on harley tanks?

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As long as it's not aluminum, I can fix it, the brand doesn't matter.
PS: my wife has figured out who the original tank belonged to & it now on it's way back to it's rightful owner, but I guess this has turned into a great info commercial anyway. Thanks guys!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts