Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have a dent in the gas tank, I'm considering getting it repainted along with the repair. Does anyone know someone local I can go to and how much it would cost? Dent is about the size of the left hand controls. ;-)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had that issue a while back and found a place in my town that was able to 'massage' the dent out from the inside. The end result is perfect or at least as perfect as I can tell in flat black paint. It was 80 bucks. Just another option if you can find a place out there in LA. I thought I was going to have to get it painted too which I didn't want to do. BUT if you DO want to paint it, definitely a perfect opportunity!

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. Wow, where did you find a shop to do that? The few body shops I've call tell me it's impossible. I know it is, but haven't found a mechanic with the tools or experience.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The one here in FL was called X-A-Dent. and they advertise "painless dent removal" It's pretty popular here, I was skeptical about it, but they have done a dent in my car and truck since as well, I can' tell anything has ever happened. I'm sure if you google your zip code and painless dent removal, or something like that it will show up if there's one around. I would recommend it to anyone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts