Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone knows of or uses a tank protector on their Monster? Mines a 07 S4Rs. I had a warranty issue with my tank last fall and had a brand new tank put on the bike. I have waxed the crap out of the tank this winter but upon coming home from a ride tonight I noticed a bit of haze on the tank from my inner thighs. Most of the tank proterctors I have found online seem to only protect the top of the tank. I would like something that protects the sides as well. In the area of the innner thighs. Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got a set of the clear plastic side tank protectors from MonsterParts for my 696. Its easy to apply (20 mins for both sides) and its practically invisible as the edges follow the contour of the tank. I highly recommend this product.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i bought a set of tank slapper tank protectors. it goes on the sides and back, so it is designed to protect against your knees and jacket. it's clear and clings on. only about $20.

http://www.thetankslapper.biz/

actually, I never installed it on my bike b/c mine is a dark and the protector is shiny, so it would stand out. If you want it, I can give it to you cheap.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i bought a set of tank slapper tank protectors. it goes on the sides and back, so it is designed to protect against your knees and jacket. it's clear and clings on. only about $20.

http://www.thetankslapper.biz/

actually, I never installed it on my bike b/c mine is a dark and the protector is shiny, so it would stand out. If you want it, I can give it to you cheap.
Sure I'd be interested in that. How much do you want for it and to ship to Canada? I was looking at that product it looks pretty cool I was just a bit sceptical about how it would stay on? They say you can peel it off with your fingernails and re apply it over and over again. I'd just hatr to be out on a ride and have something hook it. Then what to you do throw it in the trash can I guess.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sure I'd be interested in that. How much do you want for it and to ship to Canada? I was looking at that product it looks pretty cool I was just a bit sceptical about how it would stay on? They say you can peel it off with your fingernails and re apply it over and over again. I'd just hatr to be out on a ride and have something hook it. Then what to you do throw it in the trash can I guess.
I've had the 3M tank slapper on my bike since last July and it has not moved or come off even with me gripping the tank with my knees. I wax the bike and it has not peeled off at the edges. I got it from Monsterparts and I think they have free shipping to Canada if you are on the forum (make sure you ask for USPS shipping as UPS charges about $40 for brokerage). BTW I am in Calgary.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had the 3M tank slapper on my bike since last July and it has not moved or come off even with me gripping the tank with my knees. I wax the bike and it has not peeled off at the edges. I got it from Monsterparts and I think they have free shipping to Canada if you are on the forum (make sure you ask for USPS shipping as UPS charges about $40 for brokerage). BTW I am in Calgary.
I think the 3m version is a one time use (install) because of the adhesive and the Tankslapper version is a type of cling film with no adhesive. I think the 3m version would be a more permanent thing.

Calgary eh! I love it out there. Ive been out quite a few times and was considering moving out a couple years ago. Nice place

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
when you get the tankslappers, there's a video on youtube to show you how to install.
Ya I noticed it actually. Pretty informative. Should make things easier. When do you think I will recieve it? What shipping service did you use and where was it shipped from?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts