Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a search and seen the stuff from tankslapper.com, which looks good and all, but on the matte black the vinyl will make it look shiny...so those of you with the matte black tank, what do you use? Should I go with something just completely different(faux CF?) and not worry about it... Any suggestions from the crowd?

Thanks,
gnew

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
i'm in the same boat. my tank has aquirred a few scratchs but most of the protecters won't cover the whole area. I seems our tanks are a bit on the fat side. unless we're supposed to just stay in one spot.i let you know what i find.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I had a magmetic one on my Monster, it was bought in a shop back in the UK, but was really inexpensive...like less than $10.

It was great, did the job perfectly of protecting the lower part of the tank from zippers etc. You could pop it on when riding, but remove it in an instant when parked up/posing :p

Worth asking Stuart @ Spareshack if he has something....

Dave

8)

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
My bike has a magknight tank panel on in this pic, you can't hardly see it, blends right in!http://www.mag-knight.com/ducati_colored_bras.htm
I saw that tank protector on Sarah's last summer and wanted one, but not in black. I noticed they make them in Red, now :) I have the strip protector, but it just does not do a sufficent enough job.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I wanna go Village People on you all.... Has anyone ever seen a leather bra/protector? I hate the idea of trying to hide it...why not just be obvious about your desire to protect the tank? I'm not weight anal.
Ducati Performance has a tank cover with tank bag combo.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I think it comes in colors too, I think I saw a yellow one in the pics.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Since no company is making one that will completely cover the area from seat to gas cap I'm makin my own outta head light protective film from Griots Garage....... Better than nothing or whats available for that matter....

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
I have the Clear Bra on mine and it seems to hold up well and is visible only if you look real hard. Patience and a heat gun are needed to install.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Deb~

I ordered the red one today :) I also took off the carbon fiber tank pad, what a scary project. Heated it off with the hair dryer... When I lifted it off there was this huge adhesive mess :( Got it off, and now tank is beautiful waiting for my Valentine's gift ;D It's red!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
UPS delivered the tank protector today, perfect matching of the reds! Nice people and very fast turn around.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I was curious as to how high on the tank-how close to the gas cap the protection is?

how easy to place/remove the magnet? Is it difficult to make sure there are NO wrinkles when applied?

matt

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
There are no wrinkles, the only place that is a problem is the corners from the knee indents going up toward the gas cap. I had a slight bulge there, but a few minutes with the hair dryer and it lays nice and flat.
It is 4" from the gas cap.

G

·
After my call from Widder telling me my vest is on back order until April. I ordered a carbon look tank bra like Deb's. I am bummed about the heated vest. But at least my tank will not be scratched.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts