Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
2,856 Posts
What do the mechanics at the shop use to prop the tank?
At least it comes with a tool kit, HD don't, and we always carry a sparkplug wrench in each bike and have had to use it on occasion.

Another question about the tank, how about the tank latch, is there a science to latching that, we always have to fiddle with it a lot to get it just right???

· Premium Member
2,856 Posts
Is that another thing that they screwed up on the newer models?

On the old ones, you need to make sure that the "wire" loop goes on the correct side of the piece it hooks into, on the ignition side, then center the tank and flip the latch down.

· Premium Member
2,856 Posts
Nick, i just walked out to the garage and tried your "finger thing" on my latch... it doesn't work on my bike, I can barely get my finger in there and the crazy hook is on a spring and swivel, so when you push on it , it goes crooked??? I have to use a pencil to fit down in there on the center of the hook so it stays staight. Or maybe I'm being really 'stupid" But my husband has the same trouble, could it be we are both " stupid"??LOL maybe our fingers are too short??

· Premium Member
2,856 Posts
Nick, my latch is pretty loose and floopy, for some reason , so I guess it's just gonna be a " fiddler" ! :-/
It's raining here, and my husband was just out in the garage, checking tire pressure and cleaned and waxed the chain, and he even cleaned and polished the tips of the stock cans, now they are REAL shiny!!!! Isn't he something else!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.