Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of this story isn't new, I've posted about it before: So after a nasty high side near the very end of summer, I was left trying to figure out what to do with the horrible tank dent I had. A lot of other parts were broken, but they could all be replaced/upgraded relatively cheaply - unlike the tank. So I took my stuff down to the UPS store and shipped them from Tennessee to California to Brad @ Speedzone Paint & Bodyworks.

I couldn't have been happier with the pricing, customer service and final product done by Speedzone. I'm a happy camper, and this thread is purely to share my excitement and say Job Well Done to Brad.

Here's the before:

Here was the general idea I had:

The Final Product is Shown Below!

For more info and the other stuff that is going on with this bike, check out my blog: ATOmemphis Blog

The paint is so incredibly glossy its hard to show it well in pictures. I can literally look into the tank, the paint seems that deep. I'm impressed!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Very nice, looking good. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
the retro logo looks great against the red tank. Real classic! Keep it up, I'd love to see what the final product looks like [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Looks great. Can't wait to see your bike when it's finished.

·
Registered
45 Posts
ATO Memphis said:
Some of this story isn't new, I've posted about it before: So after a nasty high side near the very end of summer, I was left trying to figure out what to do with the horrible tank dent I had. A lot of other parts were broken, but they could all be replaced/upgraded relatively cheaply - unlike the tank. So I took my stuff down to the UPS store and shipped them from Tennessee to California to Brad @ Speedzone Paint & Bodyworks.

I couldn't have been happier with the pricing, customer service and final product done by Speedzone. I'm a happy camper, and this thread is purely to share my excitement and say Job Well Done to Brad.

Here's the before:

Here was the general idea I had:

The Final Product is Shown Below!

For more info and the other stuff that is going on with this bike, check out my blog: ATOmemphis Blog

The paint is so incredibly glossy its hard to show it well in pictures. I can literally look into the tank, the paint seems that deep. I'm impressed!
you've stolen my idea [laugh]

those decals looks great

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Brad, that stripe looks crooked.......

[laugh] [laugh] I keed I keed [laugh] [laugh]

Very nice job. [thumbsup] I'm a fan of the retro logo......

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
DML Store, click on stickers

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
I have original metal wings for my tank.
didnt think they would survive the bend to fit on the tank, so i had the stickers made.
they came out good i think 8)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
ATO Memphis said:
That's not a sticker, its metal.

Its from a single cylinder bevel drive Duc.
Who said it was a sticker/ :D

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh, my error, I thought I saw the metal referring to the Retro Logo that is pictured, and I was thinking, wait a minute....

Well I feel like a dumbass. The metal Name plate is going on the seat cowl at the back so nobody behind me mistakes this thing for a Buell. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
[laugh] [thumbsup]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts